Bilge exhaust questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilge exhaust questions

There's a piece of PVC pipe [as shown below - the hose next to the pipe is my new hose] in between a rear and forward section of blower vent in my PS 205. It was mounted to the engine exhaust with zip ties. Is this special marine pvc that serves a purpose or did the PO use it to avoid fishing a vent behind the gas tank when replacing the front section of hose?

Also, I have two vents at the rear of the boat but only one is attached to the blower. The other hose ends behind the gas tank. Where is it supposed to go? Should I have two blowers installed?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Idk what the pvc is for but the 2 stern vents, 1 is hooked to the blower, other is fresh air into the bilge.
    '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation on the pvc. So is it good enough to just have the fresh air vent run down behind the fuel tank or should it get up near the engine?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know I was wondering the same about the second air vent in the rear. I have a pvc pipe too. It was attached with a zip tie also so we just reattached a vent tube to the blower and the pvc back out to the vent in the rear and zip tied it again.

Comment

Where there zip ties on the hose with the PVC? I believe it's like that so it could be zipped tied to the muffler without crushing it.
          Last edited by CantRepeat; 04-12-2017, 10:14 AM.
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

I believe it's like that so it could be zipped tied to the muffler without crushing it.
            That's what I'm going with. I can imagine a scenario where a few inches of water could collect in the bilge causing an untethered bilge vent hose to start floating around, which could then get tangled up in the drive shaft or the rudder.

It's sort of like wearing a jock strap, not necessary most of the time, but sometimes it's nice to keep the boys close to home.

Comment

My 92 had the pvc pipe in it and was zipped tied to the muffler. Never knew if that was factory but it made good sense to me at the time so left it that way.
              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Working...
              X