Boat Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Covers

I am looking for a boat cover for my 2007 X2. The factory one has just wore out.
    I have searched many places online and even ordered one from boatcoversdirect.com that did not fit properly and have troubled returning it. It was a Westland Industries cover.

I would like another cover built like the one that came with the boat as I have it on my dock and not a trailer.

Any help is appreciated

skiboatcovers.com

Comment

I ordered a waterline cover for my X25 from skiboatcovers.com. I was super excited after the reviews I read and also the ability to cover it all the way down to the water line. Unfortunately, I am disappointed. I'd say I have a substandard product and had substandard service. It seems as though I might be in the 1% though, as almost everyone seems to like them. Here were my issues;

I ordered a waterline cover for my 2010 X25 with a four point tower. It arrived almost a week later than promised, but it didn't have the cut outs for the tower. I called and was pretty much told that I must not know what I am doing. I had to lay out the cover and then take a video of myself walking around it to prove to them that it did not have the tower cut outs.
      I get the cover back about a week and a half later and I put it on the boat. It seems pretty loose so I call and say "the fit isn't nearly as tight as my factory cover and I feel like its a bit loose on top. I tightened the bottom as much as possible to pull it down, but it just still looks like its pretty loose. I am told "that is the way they are supposed to fit." I say OK. It rains that week and the top of the cover fills with pockets of water, so much so that near the port side pickle fork, the cover begins to rip.
      I call again and say "Hey, its so loose that it filled with pockets of water and it started to rip." I am then told that the waterline cover is not meant to be on a boat that is stored outside on a boat lift. I am asked to take a picture and text it to them - which I did - and I have never heard from them again.
      I've owned inboard boats for the last 12 years and I've had two MC's in that time (an 07 X15 and my current 2010 X25). I have a bit of OCD when it comes to keeping them clean and keeping water out of them. I still don't like the way this cover fits (although I have made it work) and I can't imagine ever recommending them to anyone.

Comment

I would reach out to Corey at Evolution Covers. I have an 03 with a ratchet cover that is deteriorating rapidly. I plan on having him do mine and have heard great things. He's here in the NW as well.
        ¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Love my full waterline Sunbrella cover from Skiboatcovers.com. Had it made this winter with a few custom features I wanted and they were great to work with. Highly recommend for total protection. Service was great and accommodating for my special requests.
          Attached Files
          XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
          SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
          SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
          SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brucemac View Post
            I would reach out to Corey at Evolution Covers. I have an 03 with a ratchet cover that is deteriorating rapidly. I plan on having him do mine and have heard great things. He's here in the NW as well.
            This! ^^^

Depending on where you live in the NW you can pick it up in person to save shipping costs. That's what I did and Corey will talk you ear off. It took me over a hour to live his house.
            2008 X-45 Pro Tour Red and White

Comment

Originally posted by brucemac View Post

X'2 As good as it gets! Gary

Comment

I've heard great thing about both Evolution and skiboatcovers.com. I've heard a bit of bad about each also. Both make a good product so picking one over the other (to me) is going to depend on how you plan to use the cover. Is the boat going to sit in your garage or in full sunlight on a lift? If it's in the garage you can go with a minimal cover with either company and have a great product. I will say the Evolution looks to fit tight as a drum. The down side on this design is that is uses straps on the transom to pull the cover tight. Unless they've come up with another or modified solution this is a deal breaker for me as my boat spends the summer on a lift in full sunlight. The platform and transom both take a beating from the sun which is why you see some many members going with waterline or covers that cover the transom/platform as well.

I currently have a 7 year old skiboatcovers.com cover and still love it. It fits great and this year I had them add the transom/platform extension to my cover. Two months into the season and the new extension is really paying off. My teak still looks like it did when I launched and there is no fading on the transom. Due to my use case if I needed an new cover I would hesitate to buy the same cover again.

Comment

My buddy did this one but did the over the tower version. You lower the tower and the cover goes over the entire boat. Came out great.

Originally posted by SS LS1 View Post
                  Love my full waterline Sunbrella cover from Skiboatcovers.com. Had it made this winter with a few custom features I wanted and they were great to work with. Highly recommend for total protection. Service was great and accommodating for my special requests.

Comment

i don't believe cory has a cover or template for the X2 however. Skiboatcovers says they do.

Comment

skiboatcovers didn't have a template for my X20 so they ran down to the local dealer and took all the measurements - I just ordered a waterline with transom cover - will give feedback when I get it but have high expectations based the comments from the likes of bturner2 and others.

Comment

Hey 6KidSurf, how did the cover work out? Was it as expected? What options did you get on it? How was the fit/finish/ and durability over the last 8 months?

Comment

Worked out really well - wraps nicely around the swim platform, water runs off everywhere with no pooling, and it has stayed put even in very high winds. I did get the better stitching due to the direct sun exposure we have. And I added a small rope ratchet to keep the rope tight - went to a local canvas shop and had a small protective cover added around the ratchet - sent a pic to skiboatcovers in case they decide to add them directly in the future. All in all, I am quite pleased. Sorry about the sideways pics.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Howdy -

Two seasons ago I got a full cover from Seal Skin Covers. Our boat sits in a covered lift about 60 feet below the lake house, out of view. It doesn't need to be pretty, just keep dust and insects out. For this reason we went the cheap route, ours was about $300 all in.

The cover has held up well, it gets full TX late afternoon sun for a few hours each day. Also, their customer service is good (at least from our experience) the first cover they sent was waaay too short and they quickly replaced it without drama.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you need an 'ugly duckling' option in the event your boat is out of view.

tx
                            don't take this life too seriously. nobody gets out alive.

Comment

i really like those full covers .. full sun protection

Comment

Working...
                              X