Centroid fuel sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centroid fuel sender

Anyone know of a good replacement for this fuel sender? It has Moeller Marine on it, but was made by Centroid. P/N 395063 it is a 3 wire, made for a 1999 Prostar 205, the tank is 12" deep at the sender. See picture of the sender below. Thanks
    Mitchell
    Attached Files
    Mitchell

Only replacement is one direct from Centroid. Call them up and give them the part number and model and year of your boat. It is not a traditional 2 wire sender, and cannot be replaced by anything else.

Now, if you switched to analog gauges and got rid of the MMDC, you can use any fuel sender you want as long as it fits.

Comment

I'll give them a call this morning, thanks for your help.
      Mitchell

Comment

I got mine at waterskis.com a few years ago. It was plug n play.

http://www.waterskis.com/MasterCraft...nding_unit.htm

Comment

Good luck. I have this same boat/sender. I ordered a new one from Centroid and it has never been accurate. Fortunately the empty is fairly accurate but it only reads 3/4 tank when it is completely full. I have been told that there is no way to calibrate this type of sender.
          sigpic1999 Prostar 205 with 330 HP LTR

Comment

Originally posted by russlars View Post
            Good luck. I have this same boat/sender. I ordered a new one from Centroid and it has never been accurate. Fortunately the empty is fairly accurate but it only reads 3/4 tank when it is completely full. I have been told that there is no way to calibrate this type of sender.
            Same here. In fact I have been back in contact with Joel at Centroid after dealing with inaccurate readings for over a year. I just today sent my 395079 sender back to them to recalibrate. There is some weird the "2001 and earlier" cals ("CPMDC01") programming that Centroid can allegedly do on it. The newer version is factory calibrated to 2002 and later, and the sender range does not communicate correctly with the MDC guages.

Comment

Originally posted by rbuss4 View Post
              Same here. In fact I have been back in contact with Joel at Centroid after dealing with inaccurate readings for over a year. I just today sent my 395079 sender back to them to recalibrate. There is some weird the "2001 and earlier" cals ("CPMDC01") programming that Centroid can allegedly do on it. The newer version is factory calibrated to 2002 and later, and the sender range does not communicate correctly with the MDC guages.
              Let us know how this works out for you. Thanks!
              sigpic1999 Prostar 205 with 330 HP LTR

Comment

I am interested in hearing too, the one I am replacing is original to the boat and prior to its failure only bounces off full when at half a tank. I can deal with knowing when half a tank is, but it not showing empty all the time. Makes for a nervous day on the water.....
                Mitchell

Comment

I bought a new one last year, mine would read empty as soon as it fell below half tank. At the end of last year's season, it quit working entirely.

The replacement initially didn't read full accurately, but after a few times, it seems to be getting more accurate. I was told that it would calibrate itself to full to whatever level was filled the highest, and with repeated fills it would get more accurate.

Comment

Mine is empty all the time now. Replaced original sender when it quit. New one from centroid maybe worked for a week. I use the look at the tank gauge method.

Comment

Working...
                    X