No announcement yet.

2004 XSTAR Perfect Pass Operation help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 XSTAR Perfect Pass Operation help!

Ok perfect pass is new to me had a 1990 prostar 190 but it did not have a perfect pass system.

It works and hold speed i have got that far at least.

In neutral I push on, after that it says wakeboard and it is set at 6.0 Is the mph? If so it does not correspond with the regular speedometer. it is going like 15 or so. I can't lower that 6.0 setting any lower?

What am I doing wrong and what is the toggle switch on the left hand lower side that says speed calibration?

Appreciate the advice and be nice I new to this.

MIKE
    2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
    Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

So navigating PP takes some getting used to! What version are you using?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZuYFFPwGo

Watch some video which does help - https://www.youtube.com/user/perfectpassvideo/videos

Basic operation is of course system on - make your selections and advance throttle to whatever amount is needed for the beep and then a smidge further to make sure the PP can give more engine (PP itself only "slacks" the cable from whatever amount the actual throttle gives so it cannot go any faster than the physical throttle lever)

Next within a given screen you press the menu button to cycle through to the various options - for instance press menu till it highlights "wakeboard" and press the up arrow and it will let you change to slalom or rpm etc.

Get used to navigating through the settings - then start digging into details - lots of areas on the screen you can highlight and press down arrow for certain settings like crew weight. Others you highlight and press up arrow.

Take your time, watch some videos.

Comment

No not sure what version it is but it is definitely different than that video probably older version. I played with it for awhile but didn't see slalom or rpm setting but might have been doing something wrong. I have been looking through youtube and haven't seen the same looking one as mine.
      2017 XT23

Comment

here is a pic of what mine looks like
        Attached Files
        2017 XT23

Comment

I think this is the manual you are looking for. It is the manual for my 2004 X30 PP.
          Attached Files
          2004 X-30 5.7L MCX

Comment

Originally posted by Soder View Post
            I think this is the manual you are looking for. It is the manual for my 2004 X30 PP.
            ok ya I need to take that with me next time I go.
            2017 XT23

Comment

Is it worth upgrading at some point? Can you upgrade?
              2017 XT23

Comment

I got it all going and calibrated.
                2017 XT23

Comment

I think my version is slightly newer than yours, but the function is essentially the same. I've read the manual and have tried to use the system to it's full capabilities, but honestly, after a few outings, I've found that it's easier for me to simply set the speed that I want and go -

I too calibrated the speedometer to match PP, but I really don't find myself looking much at the speedo anymore -- I use PP almost exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by Eckie View Post
                    I think my version is slightly newer than yours, but the function is essentially the same. I've read the manual and have tried to use the system to it's full capabilities, but honestly, after a few outings, I've found that it's easier for me to simply set the speed that I want and go -

I too calibrated the speedometer to match PP, but I really don't find myself looking much at the speedo anymore -- I use PP almost exclusively.
                    exactly what I do!!
                    2017 XT23

Comment

Working...
                    X