X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another year, another issue...

Hello guys

Once again, I am here to request some help from you:

I have a pro skier of 2000, with 5.7 motor from GM.
    Saturday, the day was perfect to do some surfing. Unfortunatelly, the boat didn't start...

I spend 3 hours to check everything with my little mecanical knowledge.
    From what I saw, the motor shoke but do not start. Battery is new (2 weeks old).
    I disconnected all the connectors to clean them, checked all fuses.

The boat start once when I put some gasoline directly on the carburator. Then, it keep working and the injectors was working. I stopped it after few minutes and retried to start again and same issue. From that time, even if I put gazoline on it, it just work few seconds.

For information, this season, I only spend 2 days on the lake... The gazoline on it stay from last year (I keep the tank full of gazoline during winter to avoid condensation). Do you think the gazoline is bad? The one I was putting on it manually was from my jericane with fresh one.

Thanks for your support.
    Regards

Patrice

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? When you turn the key to "run" do you hear the fuel pump load? Above and beyond these two simple checks will require checking fuel pressure.
    Because it runs when you prime the motor it appears your problem is fuel delivery.
    Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Last big maintenance was 3 years ago, means 60 hours for me.
      But this is a good recommandation. My bigest fear is that the fuel pump is dead.
      I saw the oil filter but not the one for fuel. Can you help me? Do you know the reference to buy it on a car shop?

Comment

I was going to say fuel pump. Does it have a mechanical fuel pump? If so find the line from the pump to the carb take it off the carb side turn the motor over and see if there is gas coming out. easy to check this then you can go from there.
        2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
        Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

So, i am pn the boat. The filter is ok.
          I am concern but the pump, but not itself, the alimentati l n: i have no voltage with the power off (hopefully) and only 0.20 volt with the key on ON. I checked the fuse with my multimeter, they are ok.
          Why not more? If it was zero, i will look on my power but how can i have only this?
          My battery is ok, 12.7 volts

Comment

Check or replace the fuel pump relay.
            Bailey
            '02 X-9
            Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

Can you help me on how to find it and can I check it myself?

Comment

look for this item - have you checked the fuses on the back of the ecu?
                Attached Files
                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Yeah sounds like the relay. Very simple and cheap fix; whole lot better than a dead pump...
                  One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Comment

Ok, have 2 like those. They look ok, no corrosion, still grease (looks silicone) on it
                    Is there a way to test them here?

Edit:
                    The 0.2volt are on I position. When I turned the key, I have 12 volts for few seconds then 0.2 volt
                    On ignition position, it is hard to read but I would say between 8 to 12
                    Last edited by Psycho_Pat; 08-23-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Have a question, both looks the same.
                      One is for pump fuel, and what about the second one?
                      Can I make a quick test by switching them each other place?

Comment

yes, - won't run but you should get a fuel prime
                        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

No difference. By the way, I ordered 2, will change them anyway...
                          But I think the pump is the issue...
                          I need to find Ref. 3857650, hi pressure with fast delivery to france now

Comment

Found one, should be here for the week-end

I have a technical question: this pump is connected to the filter, and then to the carburator. There is another pipe for fuel going to another place on the carburator but not through this pump. How does it flow? Is there another pump (I hope not...) or is it just «natural»?

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho_Pat View Post
                              Found one, should be here for the week-end

I have a technical question: this pump is connected to the filter, and then to the carburator. There is another pipe for fuel going to another place on the carburator but not through this pump. How does it flow? Is there another pump (I hope not...) or is it just «natural»?
                              the second line is a return hose... the second fitting on the pump is a vapor release. Your fuel system is a return type system - excess fuel not used in the TBI unit is returned to the tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X