No announcement yet.

Another year, another issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thank you for the information. I was scared to find another one somewhere.
    Just hope the new pump will fix the issue, by the way I have no other idea if not the case
    I'll keep you in touch, thanks for your support so far!

Comment

I don't know that this is a pump issue if you have a carburetor. In the U.S., coast guard regulations required that the fuel pump shut off after a few seconds if the motor does not run on a carbureted engine. This prevents the fuel pump from continuously sending gas to an engine that is not running but has a stuck float, which would eventually fill the engine compartment with gas. If your boat was made for the U.S. market, it likely has this system. My guess is that you have a carburetor float issue, possibly even a corroded screw that regulates the float. If the carburetor is keeping the engine from running, the fuel pump cut out relay will kill the pump shortly after the engine dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Titanic View Post
        I don't know that this is a pump issue if you have a carburetor. .....
        He has TBI fuel injection, but due to English as a second language is referring to the throttle body as a carburetor.
        Bailey
        '02 X-9
        Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

Yes sorry if I do not use right terms: mecanic is not my speciality, so english mecanical explanation is even worst

By the way, I do understand your remark. But in this case, no fuel are going to the Ā«alimentationĀ» part (fuel injection if I understand well)

I hope that I didnt bought a pump for nothing, but I will know that soon...

Thank you guys

Comment

if you have the ability to get some contact cleaner that may be a good move to.. check the pins make sure they are out and clean check the voltage at the pins as well

Comment

Originally posted by curver900 View Post
              if you have the ability to get some contact cleaner that may be a good move to.. check the pins make sure they are out and clean check the voltage at the pins as well
              I did it with a Loctite spray to clean contact and they looks ok.

Comment

So, I changed pump and relay and still doesnt works...
                Same issue, no fuel on the pipes.
                I am lost now...

Comment

there is a schrader valve on the fuel rail, depress that and see if any pressure is released. cycle key a few times before you try it.

i have heard of putting a primer bulb in line before the pump to push fuel to it to help prime it after replacement, pump bulb a few times and then remove it
                  One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Comment

pictures of fuel system would help too so we know what we are talking about, and more information on the motor as well. is it a indmar? fuel inkected? Multi port injected?
                    One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Comment

My motor is 5.7 GM EFI
                      My concern is the pump seems not doing anything neither
                      I just connected power too it, no hoses and turn the key and nothing happen
                      Was rainy so I did not spend a lot of time but expect to return on sunday.

Comment

Working...
                      X