X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tmothy07
    replied
    Originally posted by btriantos View Post
    X30 would get my vote... mine took care of me for 11 years and my kids grew up with her. IT was a solid reliable boat for us. Depending on the family expansion and their friends, the bigger boat helps.
    Little late to the party, he chose the X2 and it's getting gel repairs and such now

Leave a comment:

• Mgoblue
    replied
    Nice X-2--we love ours.

Leave a comment:

• wakesurf6786
    replied
    Man, looks awesome! I hadn’t checked in in a while. It’s going to look really good. How’s the gel repair coming along?

Leave a comment:

• btriantos
    replied
    Originally posted by wakesurf6786 View Post
    So here is my dilemma, I've come across a smokin' deal on a 2007 X2 with 600 hours, seller is asking $25,000 for the boat. Here is the catch. The boat has all brand new interior that is SOLID BLACK and NEON GREEN . It looks horrible. The boat is wrapped in a matching neon green/black wrap that is equally as bad. I'm worried the black will burn my young kids and I'll have to use towels all over the boat.

I've also found a 2003 x-30 locally that is going for 26K and is mint, new OEM interior and excellent exterior.

I can't decide which is the better deal. The '07 X2 is a great price, but I'm going to have to remove the wrap and go back with a more subtle one or polish the underlying gel (Navy Blue) and most likely redo the interior because you know, black is hot ! I've received quotes for 5-6K for the interior and 2K-$2500 to redo the wrap

What do you guys think? The X2 fixed up with a new interior would be pushing 30K. Is it worth it for the headache? Or should I just go with the beautiful X30 that is lake ready for 26K?
    X30 would get my vote... mine took care of me for 11 years and my kids grew up with her. IT was a solid reliable boat for us. Depending on the family expansion and their friends, the bigger boat helps.

Leave a comment:

• Krw1225
    replied
    That looks like it is coming along great!

Leave a comment:

• Eckie
    replied
    #Sneakpeek!! Looks like it's going to be amazing! Keep the pics coming!

Leave a comment:

• 350x2
    replied
    Just got a few updated pics of the interior and the gel coat restoration going on...

Makes me even more excited for summer!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wakesurf6786
    replied
    Originally posted by 350x2 View Post
    I wish I had photos to give an update... but nothing to show as of yet. The previous owner not only put a wrap over the Blue gel they painted the bottom of the boat. It’s a work in progress at Top Performance Marine. They are working on the Gel coat to restore it back to original colors while I’m working extra to pay for the repairs.

The interior colors are selected and will be put in sometime in the next few months.

I don’t expect to see the boat until the end of March or first of April.

Did you end up finding a boat wakesurf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry for the delayed response, I struck out on a 1999 Maristar 230 a while back. Too far gone and asking too much. I’ve looked into another few but honestly I’m just periodically checking around now. Not a lot for sale but keeping my eyes peeled.

I can’t wait to see yours all fixed up. I talked to you guy over there about that he Maristar a while back. Super friendly and responsive.

Leave a comment:

• Krw1225
    replied
    It’s coming along though! It will be worth it in the end

Leave a comment:

• 350x2
    replied
    Just got a picture...

Not only does it look different... but it’s weird seeing it airborne!

Leave a comment:

• 350x2
    replied
    Bumping, any updates on the refurb?

I wish I had photos to give an update... but nothing to show as of yet. The previous owner not only put a wrap over the Blue gel they painted the bottom of the boat. It’s a work in progress at Top Performance Marine. They are working on the Gel coat to restore it back to original colors while I’m working extra to pay for the repairs.

The interior colors are selected and will be put in sometime in the next few months.

I don’t expect to see the boat until the end of March or first of April.

Did you end up finding a boat wakesurf?

Leave a comment:

• Thrall
    replied
    Dang, bummer man. +1 on the gel repair. Better to do it now than have to buy a new wrap a few years from now or take a hit on resale.
    But first, go punch the previous owner square in the nuts! I know it was a good deal, but who's brainiac idea was it to sand a big splotch around the scratches. Minor gel coat repair is super easy and sanding a big area before the repair ain't how to do it.

All they did was make the repairs more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• wakesurf6786
    replied
    Bumping, any updates on the refurb?

Leave a comment:

• gsxrjtt
    replied
    Id just keep as is for now drive make sure rest of the boat is tip top before sinking that kind of money in it. maybe interior next then outside. Last time I has a quote for a 20ft wrap it was 2,000 and Im pretty sure it was a 5 year no fade or peel warranty.

Leave a comment:

• Dd24skater
    replied
    Had a black boat once...........you will only own a black boat once. nuff said

Leave a comment:

Working...
X