Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bturner2
    replied
    Every time I see a wrap I expect this or worse, typically worse. The crap repairs were probably done just to get a smooth surface for the wrap to go over. As others stated I'm in the "repair it right" camp as well.

Leave a comment:

• wakesurf6786
    replied
    Dang, bummer man. +1 on the gel repair. Better to do it now than have to buy a new wrap a few years from now or take a hit on resale.

Leave a comment:

• Ironhorse
    replied
    I agree with the others. Fix the gel and you will have a great looking boat for years!

Leave a comment:

• 350x2
    replied
    I appreciate the feedback... that's how I feel, but it is always nice to have a little reassurance when opening the wallet that wide!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 350x2; 10-24-2017, 07:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neil.anderson63
    replied
    Yip, fix it up. Wrap is just a band aid on a compound fracture. Won’t last, way more difficult to maintain the wrap than gel.

Leave a comment:

• Skyskiguy
    replied
    Fix it up correctly - repair the gel.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Repair it. Wraps don’t last, gelcoat (when cared for) is forever.

Leave a comment:

• 350x2
    replied
    It wasn't supposed to look like this!

Ok, ok, ok... a few of you said that there were probably some damage under the wrap... but I think I was holding onto this deep hope that underneath the wrap we would find a pristine gel coat. Maybe even some of the original graphics?

That isn't the case. There are numerous spots where someone tried to do some type of repairs along the side of the boat, and simply made a mess.

The options are... put another wrap on it for $3k-$4k...

Do the repairs right and fix the gel coat spots on both sides of the boat for about $5k.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    For me, I wouldn't buy an X30 older then 06. It was a very big change in the X30 hull design.

Leave a comment:

• ap77
    replied
    Can't wait for the reveal. What are you planning to do for Mastercraft decals? Although they are expensive the current chrome ones would look awesome on the blue gel.

Leave a comment:

• 350x2
    replied
    I actually found 2 shops on this forum that were recommended. Viper and Top Performance. It appeared to me after reading through the threads that Viper hasn't been quite the same the past few years. Other's may be able to comment more than that? But that was the drift that I got from the threads I read.

Top Performance Marine was also recommended and I checked them out. Jonathan, the owner, has been amazing thus far. He is as excited about this as much as I am and is great to bounce ideas off of... in fact he is the one texting me every so often, i.e. the photo above. While I was there he showed me some of the boats he is currently working on and his work seems to be excellent. I was very impressed! Time will tell how everything goes with the project.

Leave a comment:

• wakesurf6786
    replied
    Originally posted by 350x2 View Post
    I searched and tried to find an X2 of that generation with Dark Blue on the bottom with white above the rub rail but had no Luck. Jonathan from Top Performance sent me this as what it "should" end up like when we are done (exterior wise.)

I think that should be a decent improvement over the green and black.
    I want to know how Top Performance does on the job. I live in Knoxville and have a few shops I've been looking into for vinyl on the 230 I think I'm going to buy. I hadn't heard of them.

I really like that look you posted. One of my favs!

Leave a comment:

• 350x2
    replied
    Possible exterior match...

I searched and tried to find an X2 of that generation with Dark Blue on the bottom with white above the rub rail but had no Luck. Jonathan from Top Performance sent me this as what it "should" end up like when we are done (exterior wise.)

I think that should be a decent improvement over the green and black.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wakesurf6786
    replied
    Awesome you're getting started! Hope the rest of it looks good underneath. Thanks for posting pics!

Leave a comment:

• jsturvey
    replied
    ^^ Wow! A steal for an 07 X2 no matter how it "looks"!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X