No announcement yet.

Fugly 2007 X2 or older X30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#Sneakpeek!! Looks like it's going to be amazing! Keep the pics coming!

Comment

That looks like it is coming along great!

Comment

Originally posted by wakesurf6786 View Post
        So here is my dilemma, I've come across a smokin' deal on a 2007 X2 with 600 hours, seller is asking $25,000 for the boat. Here is the catch. The boat has all brand new interior that is SOLID BLACK and NEON GREEN . It looks horrible. The boat is wrapped in a matching neon green/black wrap that is equally as bad. I'm worried the black will burn my young kids and I'll have to use towels all over the boat.

I've also found a 2003 x-30 locally that is going for 26K and is mint, new OEM interior and excellent exterior.

I can't decide which is the better deal. The '07 X2 is a great price, but I'm going to have to remove the wrap and go back with a more subtle one or polish the underlying gel (Navy Blue) and most likely redo the interior because you know, black is hot ! I've received quotes for 5-6K for the interior and 2K-$2500 to redo the wrap

What do you guys think? The X2 fixed up with a new interior would be pushing 30K. Is it worth it for the headache? Or should I just go with the beautiful X30 that is lake ready for 26K?
        X30 would get my vote... mine took care of me for 11 years and my kids grew up with her. IT was a solid reliable boat for us. Depending on the family expansion and their friends, the bigger boat helps.

Comment

Man, looks awesome! I hadn’t checked in in a while. It’s going to look really good. How’s the gel repair coming along?

Comment

Nice X-2--we love ours.

Comment

Originally posted by btriantos View Post
              X30 would get my vote... mine took care of me for 11 years and my kids grew up with her. IT was a solid reliable boat for us. Depending on the family expansion and their friends, the bigger boat helps.
              Little late to the party, he chose the X2 and it's getting gel repairs and such now
              Tim
              2021 Lone Star MasterBash
              Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
              1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
              1995 MC ProStar 205
              ISO MC 205V/XStar, X2

Comment

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
                Little late to the party, he chose the X2 and it's getting gel repairs and such now
                Wait, I thought OP ended up with the other boat then the guy that bought the X2 jacked the thread..... No?

Comment

#sneakpeak

It’s getting close!

Should be able to pick it up soon... there was a lot of elbow grease and gel work to get it to look like that! Cudos to Top Performace Marine! I’ll post more pics when I pick it up in the next few weeks!

Adam
                  Attached Files
                  2007 X2 current
                  2001 Malibu Sunsetter (sold)
                  1996 Moomba Boomerang (sold)

Comment

Wow!!
                    Looks like the "fugly" X2 becomes a really nice Boat again!

Hope you have much fun with it!
                    Greets from Germany,
                    Felix

Comment

• Well. Done. Love the interior.

Comment

• Originally posted by TStine View Post
                        Wait, I thought OP ended up with the other boat then the guy that bought the X2 jacked the thread..... No?
                        Correct.
                        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• 350 - the boat looks great! I love the blue hull/ white deck look. I almost bought a 197 in that scheme back in '07.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• wow, looking great.

Comment

• Originally posted by TStine View Post
                              Correct, I posted originally and was going back and forth over making an offer and it was purchased. Current owner found my post based on the Fugly title and has been updating us all on the progress. I was just happy to see what it looked like under that wrap and to see someone fix her up!

Comment

• Taking a poll... which side looks better

I haven't seen the boat in person yet. I plan on picking it up next week... but from the photos I don't know how I could have expected anything better than what I am seeing!?

I am pretty stoked to finally get the boat back and have a chance to use it! Bring on Summer weather!
                                Attached Files
                                2007 X2 current
                                2001 Malibu Sunsetter (sold)
                                1996 Moomba Boomerang (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X