Cheap Board Rack T Handle Quick Release Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 07OrangeX2 View Post
    Also- is the pin threaded enough on the T handle? Its easier to get the Handle and pin together if its on the tower. (assuming its all assembled on the tower) Set the pin in one of the holes and put pressure on the rack like your going to rotate it around. That pressure will prevent the pin from spinning and it will allow you to thread the handle onto the pin.
    I'll give that a try once I have the brackets back on the tower. Thanks for the tips.
    Current: 2008 X-2 SS
    Previous: 2003 X-10

Comment

I'm going off memory here (which isn't that good!).

I thought that big threaded piece had an allen socket in the end of it. Take the pin/t-handle out, screw the big all-thread piece in with large allen wrench, then insert the pin from the inside (don't forget the spring) and screw the t-handle on to the top of the pin. You can grab the button end of the pin with vice grips to allow you to screw the t-handle on.

Also, you definitely need to get that little allen screw out, it locks that bigger piece of all-thread from coming out (and in!).

BTW, you can take the bracket off the tower (those 4 allen screws at each corner). That will make it easier to insert the pin from the backside once the big threaded piece is in.

Comment

Nevermind, just looked at mine and I don't see a Allen socket.

It should thread easily though if you get that set screw out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Need pin

Do you still have pins available?

Comment

If you have any I’ll take two. Let me know price and how to pay you. Do you have springs too?

Comment

I'm needing a replacement pin as well if you have any!

Comment

He's around...I just bought a pair from him back in early July-

They are legit!
                Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Sent PM, needing replacement pins.
                  https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
                  1988 prostar 190 SOLD
                  2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

I need two as well. Sent you an email but i am not sure if it worked. PM me please

Comment

More Pins are here!!!

All,

More Pins are available if you need! PM me or find me at [email protected].

for those of you who reached out already, they are shipping tomorrow.

Thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just sent you an email....
                        2009 X14

Comment

Originally posted by 07OrangeX2 View Post
                          All,

More Pins are available if you need! PM me or find me at [email protected].

for those of you who reached out already, they are shipping tomorrow.

Thanks!
                          Is there a cheaper option for the whole assembly?
                          2010 X-15
                          SOLD 1994 205
                          2011 Pathfinder
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
                          1 kid in college

Comment

Sent you an email.

Comment

We lost the T handle itself. I don't think the pin is broken. Is there any good option outside of spending $200 for the assembly?

Also, is there anything that keeps the black handle from unscrewing from the threaded collar?

I did follow up with the company that makes these handles - Geremarie - the black handle itself can be purchased separately for about $80. I think we have the rest of the assembly still but it's unclear to me why our handle came off in the first place. Perhaps it needed some loctite.
                              Last edited by hoosier; 08-24-2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoosier View Post
                                We lost the T handle itself. I don't think the pin is broken. Is there any good option outside of spending $200 for the assembly?

Also, is there anything that keeps the black handle from unscrewing from the threaded collar?

I did follow up with the company that makes these handles - Geremarie - the black handle itself can be purchased separately for about $80. I think we have the rest of the assembly still but it's unclear to me why our handle came off in the first place. Perhaps it needed some loctite.
                                I was always worried about this happening to mine so something you could do after you get a new handle is what I did I drilled a small hole in the t handle and used aviation safety wire so if it ever come loose it would still be hanging there.
                                Attached Files
                                1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                                2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Working...
                                X