18' X-Star - X23 killer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18' X-Star - X23 killer?

Hey guys, i think i'm gonna stir up a world of **** here but I'm gonna do it anyways to try and wrap my head around things as I'm pondering my next boat move.

My G21 has been nothing short of phenomenal this year. beyond words really but some more space for people would really be nice as noone ever sits in the bow. So now i've been looking at something a bit bigger primarily the two 23's .With the G i kinda know what i'm getting really but i've also really appreciated my previous mastercrafts; my old Mastercraft dealer pushing me to come test the X23 and maybe even the new X-star if he gets one in time as i'm hearing the factory is calling it a G-killer.

My real question here is with the new 23' X-Star, is it a g killer or is it actually an X23 killer? I look at the two and i see only rear facing seats as a reason to buy an X23. In reality, more weight, same length boat you're going to produce a rather similar wave if you've engineered your hull/gen 2 as they say they do.

^Looking forward to your on water test reports AGUN. Please hurry up before the water gets hard so we have something to chew on this off season.

Comment

I will be anxious to see what your conclusion is. We love our X23. It's an all around boat for our family. Some weekends we surf and wakeboard for three days straight...other weekends we lounge in a cove. The X23 provides us the comfort and flexibility to do both. My wife absolutely loves the rear seats...happy wife, happy life. But she also loves to surf. She was even surfing a couple weeks ago and is 7 months pregnant.

The new XStar is killer looking... but it's a toss up in my book.
      2016 X23 6.2L - current
      1991 ProStar 190 - current
      2005 X2 - sold
      2001 Sammy Duval 209 - sold

Comment

I'm working under the assumption that the new star is at least comparable to the G. Not affordable for MC anything different based on the issues with the previous gen. I'm very keen to read replies to this topic. Very interesting thread.

Comment

100000%. Only advantage is the rear seats for the X23
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

I think it's a valid question. Heck I would think twice if I was buying again. I think the seats and price are really the only two deciding factors. Price won't be as big of an impact considering you can almost touch 200k with a X23 anyway. However you can price a X23 cheaper if you want too which may be the line/area where some guys budgets fall into.

Comment

$113 vs $155 MSRP is the kicker for me.
              The rear seats get a ton of use in our X23, it has plenty of space for us & the surf wave is more than enough to put smile on our faces so there's no way my more practical wife would approve an additional $40k.

Comment

Originally posted by JTW View Post
                $113 vs $155 MSRP is the kicker for me.

The rear seats get a ton of use in our X23, it has plenty of space for us & the surf wave is more than enough to put smile on our faces so there's no way my more practical wife would approve an additional $40k.

Yes but the xstar includes the screen and bigger motor standard so add around 25.

Comment

X star flip up sets are still bad *** btw. I loved them

Comment

I have a feeling will be a monster. Texas Mastercraft getting demo supposedly in October

Comment

Originally posted by LeeG23 View Post
                      I have a feeling will be a monster. Texas Mastercraft getting demo supposedly in October
                      Yep, can’t wait
                      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:
                      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by aguyupnorth View Post
                        my old Mastercraft dealer pushing me to come test the X23 and maybe even the new X-star if he gets one in time
                        Let me know if Muskoka Boat Gallery or Buckeye get one in... I'd be really keen to see it myself.
                        2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

You guys all welcome down to Texas when I get mine in February! Bring the wetsuits

Comment

I'm 100% content with our X23. Fully feel like we finally got our "end game, ultimate boat". Don't care about the new dashboard. I love gauges. Also get a TON of use in those rear lounge seats. That is the factor keeping the X23 in my book as the Star killer, not vice versa. Put those on the XStar and I'll gladly eat my words.

Comment

I love the backseats on the X23 and the X20....really had to think when we ordered our 20ft'r about it not knowing how the flip seats would work.

ended up with an XT20, super comfy, maintained all our storage - never regretted it. I'd say the seats on the star will be awesome too.

both the X23 and the Star are phenomenal boats by any standard

Comment

Working...
                              X