Trim tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim tabs

Recently purchased a 06 x15 and have been doing some research on trim tabs/attitude adjustment plate. I am curious about the advantages/disadvantages to adding those. Based on what I have read they help the boat to plain out and make the wake smaller at skiing speeds which is mostly why I am interested. I would like to make the wake better for slalom skiing but don’t want to sacrifice my surf wake. Would those plates have any negative impact on the surf wake? Questions may seem dumb but I’m new to the inboard boat. We have always had an I/O until this one. Love the boat so far, looking to make it even better.

No negatives, attitude adjustment plate (center tab) will get the boat on plane quicker and can be used to tweak your ski wake. Fully retracts out of the way for surf/wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And can also make the wake smaller and less intimidating for wakeboard beginners.

Comment

I use the center trim tab to adjust the surf wake on my X30; it helps to clean up the face of the wake.

Here's a thread about the center trim tab wiring.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=62408
        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

I know my drain plug is right there in the middle so I am afraid that may cause issues with the install and the type of plate to buy. Any recommendations on which plate to use? Planning on installing it myself, figure I should be handle that. Is that plate a better option that the plates on the outer corners or will those accomplish the same thing as well as more stuff?

Comment

If you are going to install it yourself, you need to get accurate measurements from another boat like yours that has one on it. It installs well above the drain plug so that's not an issue. It does help for skiing, and it makes the boat so much better of a cruising boat when you are just out for a ride. It helps keep the boat on plane at lower speeds when you have people on board. Much nicer cruising, better ride, and better gas mileage. I wouldn't be without it.

Comment

All of the ones I have seen pictures of have been installed below the drain plug, haven’t seen any above. Does anyone have a part number and a good place to purchase one? Been looking online but haven’t found a for sure answer.

Comment

My center trim tab has a half round relief cut to clear the drain.

Like this.
                Attached Files
                -Tim

Comment

Sorry, that's right, below the drain plug. I only see mine twice a year, when I launch it and when I haul it. Anyway, it's a great feature.

Comment

I do the same thing with my x30 about 1/4 down seems to clean up the surf wave when my wife is riding. I also have both rear balast tanks full and the front about 1/2 full. (i'm going to add some more bags when i summerize boat).

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                    I use the center trim tab to adjust the surf wake on my X30; it helps to clean up the face of the wake.

Here's a thread about the center trim tab wiring.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=62408

Comment

Anyone by chance have a 2006 x15 and have done this. Trying to figure where the best place to purchase is and what part number or model. I really don’t want to pay the dealer, I know they will be way more expensive.

Comment

I have a new trim tab kit listed on EBAY #122719265931 that will screw right on that 2006 x15 I would be happy to tell you what it will take to install it. PM me and I will give my cell #

Comment

Originally posted by RDahler View Post
                          I have a new trim tab kit listed on EBAY #122719265931 that will screw right on that 2006 x15 I would be happy to tell you what it will take to install it. PM me and I will give my cell #
                          It would be nice if you post in this forum and let everyone know what you did. That way, anyone that comes along after will have the information.
                          -Tim

Comment

Lenco PN 20609-021

This is the part number for the one that I ordered years back for our 07 X2. I ordered it from D and B Marine. It is a nonstock order item.

Comment

Mastercraft center trim kit

From what I have found the Mastercraft PN 559047 Trim kit was used most V hulls from 2004-2014 and it is custom made for Mastercraft by Lenco they also make the Gen 1 and Gen 2 surf tabs but will not sell them to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X