2014 X-25 or 2016 X-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 X-25 or 2016 X-10

In the market for a boat to add to our family. What are the valuable differences between a 2014 X25 and a 2016 x10? They both have similar options of the towers, Gen 2, etc...but the engines are different. X25 has the 6.2L, the X10 has the 5.7L.

We are a family of 5, three young kids. We will normally be on the water for all day excursions with maybe 4-5 adults and 4-6 kids. Mainly we will be 5 people.

I am trying to see if there is obvious reasons why one is better or more valuable than the other or if it is a coin toss.

It's good to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for your help and opinions.
    2015 X23

I can't vouch for the X10, but our last boat was a 2014 X25 and we LOVED IT. Great surf wave when dialed in right, excellent wakeboard wake. Typical wakeboat slalom wake (not good).

That being said, have you tried to find a couple year old X23? Crazy sexy and amazing all around boat (minus slalom of course). Best in the MC line.

Comment

The X23 won't fit in the garage. I have a 24' deep garage. The X23 is a beautiful boat.
      2015 X23

Comment

Originally posted by Loewen View Post
        I can't vouch for the X10, but our last boat was a 2014 X25 and we LOVED IT. Great surf wave when dialed in right, excellent wakeboard wake. Typical wakeboat slalom wake (not good).

That being said, have you tried to find a couple year old X23? Crazy sexy and amazing all around boat (minus slalom of course). Best in the MC line.

Which motor did you have in the X25 of yours?
        2015 X23

Comment

X25 doesn’t have a kid friendly wakeboard wake, or adult beginners for that matter. I’d probably give the better surf wave to the 10 (X25 takes some work to dial) but on the flip side the X25 is one of the best wakeboard boats ever made. The rough water ride is fantastic, roomy and plenty of storage. 6.2 would be awesome to have as well. 5.7 is a struggle for the 25 without an ultra aggressive prop.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            X25 doesn’t have a kid friendly wakeboard wake, or adult beginners for that matter. I’d probably give the better surf wave to the 10 (X25 takes some work to dial) but on the flip side the X25 is one of the best wakeboard boats ever made. The rough water ride is fantastic, roomy and plenty of storage. 6.2 would be awesome to have as well. 5.7 is a struggle for the 25 without an ultra aggressive prop.
            I think he hit it on the head here. I had two X25s and both were great but surfing took considerable work. It can be done though. The wakeboard wake is great and it’s a roomy 22ft boat. But if your looking for more surfing without as much tinkering then the X10 is a winner imo.

Comment

Other than the wakes, are there differences I should know about with the way the two boats drive? Is one easier to drive than the other? What about ballast or pumps or some of the internal working items of the boat?

Once my kids get into surfing/wakeboarding more I can concentrate on the wakes and such. But are these boats too much to learn on? Either wake or surf?
              2015 X23

Comment

assuming they are both 1 owner boats, the x10 will have 2 extra years of warranty which would be a big deal to me. the 5.7 in the x10 is a great motor and can be repropped if you get into added weight for surfing. it's a boat that does everything very well.

space and rough water ride were a big deal for us so we went for the x23. the x10 gets tossed around in big chop and has a lower freeboard so the boat and passengers would get soaked easily.

Comment

X25 is a pig to drive
                  Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by sten76 View Post
                    Other than the wakes, are there differences I should know about with the way the two boats drive? Is one easier to drive than the other? What about ballast or pumps or some of the internal working items of the boat?

Once my kids get into surfing/wakeboarding more I can concentrate on the wakes and such. But are these boats too much to learn on? Either wake or surf?
                    As for the drive - the X25 handle chop very well. If you will be on big lake it’s worth considering. However it drives pretty stiff. Barge like at times. My X23 handles better, which at first never was a thought or possibility in my mind bc it’s a much bigger boat.

Comment

I have an X10 and nobody on my boat gets soaked because the driver really knows what he's doing. The X25 would be more spacious on those days when you have more than your core 5 and it handles rough water better. But the X10 drives more like a sports car than the X25 and everything is great out of the box- surf, wake, ski (recreational). I love both boats, can't go wrong with either.

Comment

The X25 will handle big water better. Will throw a big wakeboard wake. Will be more comfortable with more people. Other than that, the X10 takes it. Decent slalom wake. Better surf wave out of the box, better handling, etc. So unless you are looking for big water performance, I'd take the X109
                        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

All this talk about the X25 handling poorly..., rubbish. I thought our X25 handled like a sports car compared to the X23. The 23 is like driving a school bus. A crazy, sexy, greatest school bus ever.

Btw, our X25 had the 6.0. Never struggled for power.

For what it's worth, make your choice based on the creature comforts of the boat. The X25 and X10 have totally different lines. If you want pickle fork, go with the 25. If you want the newest lines, go with the 10. If you want rear lounge seats (you'll LOVE them), go with the 25.

You'll love either boat. Pick the one that's been taken care of the best and "looks" the best to you. You aren't going to be disappointed either way.

Comment

25 also has arm rests in the bow. I was surprised at how much the ladies b*tched about that when the 30 came.
                            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                              25 also has arm rests in the bow. I was surprised at how much the ladies b*tched about that when the 30 came.
                              Funny you brought that up. I was just going over everything with the wife, and she saw the arm rests and said, that's the boat I want....
                              2015 X23

Comment

Working...
                              X