Official XT22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
    My XT22 sits on an 8,000lb Floe VSD. I future-proofed myself when I bought it this spring. I like to think an X26 would be in the cards some day

Ranger, glad to hear you're back on the water after a couple of hiccups. I'm at about 148 hours on mine and the ballast tank bracket is the only warranty issue so far...
    Good call on the 8000# lift. I don't see going bigger then the XT24 or X22 so I think the 6500 should hold out ok. Otherwise I'll replace the the motor. I know a lot of guys still with 5000# older lifts that push the weight limit pretty good and they are still holding up. I bought the VSD 6500 in a rush last year when I decided to move my boat full time. They didn't have any 8k lifts in stock.

Comment

My XT22 sits on an 8,000lb Floe VSD. I future-proofed myself when I bought it this spring. I like to think an X26 would be in the cards some day

Ranger, glad to hear you're back on the water after a couple of hiccups. I'm at about 148 hours on mine and the ballast tank bracket is the only warranty issue so far...

Thanks, I am looking forward to a fun second half of the season here in AZ.

I considered a bigger lift when I was shopping but my lord, between the boat, the lift, a covered slip rental and golf cart, I had to say ENOUGH at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went with the 8,000lb Floe VSD too. Pretty happy with it and will be comfortable going to anything in the lineup when the upgrade time comes. Boats aren’t getting any smaller.
        '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
        (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
        '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
        www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
          Thanks, I am looking forward to a fun second half of the season here in AZ.

I considered a bigger lift when I was shopping but my lord, between the boat, the lift, a covered slip rental and golf cart, I had to say ENOUGH at some point.

Ha! Lucky...2nd half of your season left. Ours here in Minnesota is winding down quickly. Just saw the seasonal outlook for temps for September and we're slated for "below normal temps" which mean like low 60 degree air temps. Ugh.
          Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Ha! Lucky...2nd half of your season left. Ours here in Minnesota is winding down quickly. Just saw the seasonal outlook for temps for September and we're slated for "below normal temps" which mean like low 60 degree air temps. Ugh.

September and October are fabulous here.

Comment

• MCR, that is better weather than I had the whole summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slvr Bulit View Post
                MCR, that is better weather than I had the whole summer.

Sorry to hear that, especially with your new boat. If it’s any consolation, I missed five weekends this summer due to transmission and engine issues.

Comment

• Yes, I read about your problems, glad its all taken care of now.

Comment

Yes, I read about your problems, glad its all taken care of now.

I’ll let you know on Tuesday whether it’s all taken care of. Fool me once…

Comment

Yes, I read about your problems, glad its all taken care of now.

The saga continues. Boat ran well on the first two days of Labor Day Weekend but on the third, it was deja vu all over again as the engine struggled to get up to surf speed with a minimal crew on board. And a new twist - the starboard ballast tank started self filling.

Also noticed the engine was idling rough.

Seemed to have better luck manually controlling the speed and tab settings but that is not a workable solution.

I did a bunch of testing on my own since the symptoms were sporadic and the logistics of getting the boat to the dealer and troubleshooting was best done in the water.

After a long detailed email with my tests and results, my dealer agreed to come pick up the boat. Maybe that’s not a big deal in the east but in the west, everything is hours away and I definitely appreciated the offer.

As I was backing out of my slip in anticipation of loading it on the trailer, a screeching alarm went off. If there’s a good time for a critical engine alarm to fire, it’s right before a service visit. Nothing like a little computer validation to go with my “the engine sounds awful” comments.

Stay tuned.

Comment

• This has the same level of emotion as a really good movie- Thrilling, sad, mysterious (happy?)... all in one!

Sorry about these issues you're having. Keep us posted!
                        -Tolman
                        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                        '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• Official XT22 Thread

Originally posted by UpNorth17 View Post
                          Quick question for all the fellow XT22 owners.....I have a 2018 XT 22 that I absolutely love. The surf wake works for me with no rope ( I'm basic surf guy but big guy 255#) with no extra weight and 3-4 people in the boat. The boat is loaded with options so I could easily hang on to it for awhile. However, every 4-5 years I tend upgrade toys. What would be the best bet for upgrading given the current mastercraft line up? I don't need to go bigger as 22' provides me plenty of room. Surfing is all I care about from the water sports side and resale is always in mind. Will the X22 be a significant upgrade in surf wave? Or will the new surf system coming out make a new Xt22 be an upgrade? would love to hear the thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Are you still looking to sell your XT?

Troy

Comment

• Finally posting a picture of my 2021 that we took possession of 4th of July weekend. Love how it turned out.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• That's a sharp looking boat. Hope you had a great summer with it.

Comment

That's a sharp looking boat. Hope you had a great summer with it.

Indeed, don’t think I’ve seen that blue before.

Comment

Working...
                                X