No announcement yet.

Official XT22 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! Slate Grey with Jet Stream Blue Flake. Enjoyed the creature comforts over the NXT22 probably more than I thought and definitely more push in the surf wake.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasterCraft View Post
      Are you still looking to sell your XT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not at this time. Probably a year away from the move up.

Comment

• Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum, been creepin for a few months now as my wife and I have been shopping for our first wake/surf boat. We have come to love the MC boats over the Nautiques, Malibus, etc. We have a deposit down for a 2022 XT22 from our local dealer who has been super helpful. I wanted to run a few things by the group here though to get some feedback if that's ok.

Colors: We are going with the cool feel beach tan interior, but for the exterior colors are going back and forth between all black and the new coastal blue color. Ill attempt to attach pics of the builds we have. But please use your crystal balls to tell the future and what do you think will have the most mass appeal in the case of resale in 3-5 years if we decide to upgrade to a larger boat as we add friends and family to the rotation.

Options list: Transom remote, surf star (obviously), underwater lighting, BTS windshield, bow filler Cushion, convertible rear seat, hydraulic seat lift, sunpad flip seating, fast fill ballast, dual screen premium audio w/ S80 Pods, Z6 tower, and the comfort package.

Are there any options that we have optioned that you think need to go, or any options that we left off that we will regret not having? Heaters come to mind? RGB Lighting (does it come with at least some interior lighting if you don't pay for RGB)? Transom scratch protection? Dual Batteries? Anything else is appreciated!

And lastly, this forum has been insanely helpful to us so far without even knowing it. So thank y'all so much. Glad to be here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.47.40 PM.JPEG
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2413251

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.50.11 PM.JPEG
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	2413252

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.50.01 PM.JPEG
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2413253

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.47.28 PM.JPEG
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	2413254
        Last edited by AU_MC; 10-01-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Both those colors look amazing! I love the black, but always avoid black as I know it is more difficult to keep pristine. I didn't think me being critical every time there were water spots on the boat, would be an enjoyable outing for anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by AU_MC View Post
            But please use your crystal balls to tell the future and what do you think will have the most mass appeal in the case of resale in 3-5 years if we decide to upgrade to a larger boat as we add friends and family to the rotation.

Are there any options that we have optioned that you think need to go, or any options that we left off that we will regret not having? Heaters come to mind? RGB Lighting (does it come with at least some interior lighting if you don't pay for RGB)? Transom scratch protection? Dual Batteries? Anything else is appreciated!

And lastly, this forum has been insanely helpful to us so far without even knowing it. So thank y'all so much. Glad to be here.
            Congrats! Welcome aboard

For me, out of the two boats you posted I would go with the black one. That said, a black boat is pretty difficult to keep looking clean. You'd want to slap a nice ceramic coating on that puppy and you'll likely find yourself wanting to wash it 76 times a day. As for resale, I actually think the costal boat might sell quicker as it's less of a risk (take that with a grain of salt). Have you considered a costal blue/black combo? I almost went that route when I ordered my XT23.

To answer your questions, the XTs come standard with blue lighting by the cup holders. Underwater lights are also blue. All the RGB option does is allow you to change those colors. There are also LEDs in the storage areas and by the floor, which stay white even with the RGB package.

Heater AND heated seats are must haves! Two reasons- they allow you to (comfortably) extend your season to the max and being cold on a boat is pretty miserable. Transom scratch protection is basically a clear bra on your transom. Well worth the few hundred $$.

Other options to consider-
            6.2 GDI if your at elevation or run lots of weight; no one has ever complained about more power. Over tower boat cover is nice. Decadence is freakin awesome. The Supreme racks are must haves if you have thick surf boards. Transom flip up seats are comfy. The convertible bench seat is awesome and will likely increase resell. The observer remote is also a nice feature. (sorry, I just kind of rambled on for a second lol)

Regarding dual batteries, every MC comes set up for them from the factory. The option determines whether or not the boat is delivered with the actual batteries installed. When I ordered my boat, the dealer told us not to option it and said they'd install them free of charge (UWS for the win!)
            -Tolman
            '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
            '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• Nice looking builds and welcome!

I second the notion on the black boat; I get lots of compliments and “that sure is a [email protected] boat” comment pretty regularly with my black boat.

However, only owning a black boat for 1 season, there is definitely more effort in keeping a solid color gelcoat looking great! My neighbor has an all red X-25 and it is nearly as time consuming but good ceramic wax helps. I pretty much have to power wash it after every outing since we trailer.

I would recommend investing in a buffer to help with indiscretions by those who don’t seem to appreciate how difficult it is to keep gelcoat nice.

If you go with black, be sure to include a set of rock tamers if you do any towing.

The metal flake and lighter colors seems to fare better and make dirt more difficult to see.

On the 4th of July we were on the water all day. We happened to anchor that afternoon next to my friends Supra which is white and silver flake. By that time of day, my boat looked terrible. Dirty water spots everywhere… by contrast my friends boat looked great.

Comment

• AU-MC-
                Did they take a build for a 2022 XT22? Still seems like that model is invisible on the website.
                My 2 cents would be get the batteries with onboard charger. Wish I went with over tower cover. I didn't do any lighting and really don't feel I am missing out, but we seldom boat in the dark. If you do, or travel across your lake in the dark, it might be worth it. The standard courtesy lighting is sufficient otherwise. If you skip the lighting, it can easily be added later; MC runs the wiring to it and the computer is set up for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
                  This has the same level of emotion as a really good movie- Thrilling, sad, mysterious (happy?)... all in one!

Sorry about these issues you're having. Keep us posted!

We are back on the water, with a new ECU and all new fuel injectors. Fingers crossed that the down days are behind us. Boat ran great today, a gorgeous fall AZ day of surfing and wakeboarding.

Comment

• I really like the coastal blue. We nearly went with that color also. We ordered the xt24 white and red flake. As far as options yours look awesome! I decided not to get lights Bc we don’t boat at night often. We also went with z6 tower. We like the larger windshield so didn’t want to pay more for the tower with the inlays and the z6 is also fairly easy to lower. If we were to get the BTS though we would really consider the z8 tower to match the windshield. I would recommend the 6.2 engine upgrade. It’s quieter and more efficient from everything I have heard. The other options we put on ours are similar. Good looking boat!

Comment

• Hey they’re letting me design it on the XT24 builder and they have just let me know it will be missing 2 of those feet, mostly in the area behind the windshield as it will lack the flip up seating in the benches, and also lose just a little room in the bow seating area. I’m definitely taking a small (but expensive) gamble on ordering it sight unseen. They have said though that the new XT22 will have the same hull as the X22 from 2021 which is what I demoed to get an idea of the surf performance. They also said it will have about the same ballast weight as the 2021 X22 but with the new Surf Star system. My dealer does have the pricing info and is able to build the boat on their software for me to see.

And in response to some of the other responses, I’m hoping to avoid trailering if possible. Trying to work a deal with renting/leasing a boat house. I’m glad I asked about maintaining a black hull though, because I’m honestly just not the guy who will be happy having to clean it every time. We’ve done a few hybrid builds with the coastal blue and black though, might have to mess around with those a little more.

Comment

• After two full seasons, I am 90% satisfied with my XT22. That missing 10% is due to the significant bow rise of nearly all modern MCs. This weekend, I decided to try something - I moved 1/2 of my weight bags (350 lbs) to the bow and left them there for surfing, cruising and wakeboarding and that’s where they will stay. No more standing up to see over the bow while surfing and even with only 3 passengers, everyone still thought the surf wave was great.

Cruising was even better. Great visibility without having to use triple auto launch or the center tab to push the nose down.

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                          After two full seasons, I am 90% satisfied with my XT22. That missing 10% is due to the significant bow rise of nearly all modern MCs. This weekend, I decided to try something - I moved 1/2 of my weight bags (350 lbs) to the bow and left them there for surfing, cruising and wakeboarding and that’s where they will stay. No more standing up to see over the bow while surfing and even with only 3 passengers, everyone still thought the surf wave was great.

Cruising was even better. Great visibility without having to use triple auto launch or the center tab to push the nose down.

I know exactly what you mean with the bow rise. I have 800 lead with 150 under each bow seat at the windshield line and 250 in each corner seat. The wave is great and tons of push. Since I added the weight it rides overall better to me.

Comment

• We are back on the water, with a new ECU and all new fuel injectors. Fingers crossed that the down days are behind us. Boat ran great today, a gorgeous fall AZ day of surfing and wakeboarding.
                            That is great news MCR. Enjoy the beautiful weather out there, mine is scheduled to be winterized this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slvr Bulit View Post
                              That is great news MCR. Enjoy the beautiful weather out there, mine is scheduled to be winterized this week.

Thanks!

Comment

• XT22 now being the X22 hull…. That’s big.
                                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                                For Sale:
                                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Working...
                                X