New to me 2004 X30!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsturvey View Post
    Excellent choice! With a little elbow grease and some time, that boat will be shining like the diamond it is! Like yourself, I came from an I/O boat, but dreamed of getting an inboard for 12 years. Bought my MariStar (same hull as yours) 8 years ago and have not looked back. Great all around boat with lots of room for family and friends. Like others have already said, it may not have all the newest bling, but it still gets the job done well. Congrats! You'll love it!
    Thanks! My son,9, said “Dad why did you want a 14 year old boat?” Well son, a new MC cost as much as a house . Until he asked what year it was he had no clue and thought it was awsome just to have a boat. They won’t care what’s slinging them in the tube or throwing a wake for the wakeboard! I know I won’t! I think it’s going to be loads of fun. We’ve got three kids, 9,7 and 4. Looking forward to great family time

Comment

Couldn’t resist I had to do something, I got out my wife’s hair dryer and removed the old dealer decal and the warning labels that were faded and long gone on the transom. This is what I hope it shines out to when I compound the Hull.
      Attached Files

Comment

New to me 2004 X30!!

Originally posted by wakesurf6786 View Post
        Thanks! My son,9, said “Dad why did you want a 14 year old boat?” Well son, a new MC cost as much as a house [emoji57]. Until he asked what year it was he had no clue and thought it was awsome just to have a boat. They won’t care what’s slinging them in the tube or throwing a wake for the wakeboard! I know I won’t! I think it’s going to be loads of fun. We’ve got three kids, 9,7 and 4. Looking forward to great family time

Yea, the kids will love it; it's a good way for a family to make memories together for sure. I've raised both of my kids on the boat. They love to ride the tube, and my 11 year old daughter water skis. My nearly 7 year old son was helping me peel the "MariStar" side stickers of our 225VRS last weekend. Going to go with the clean look. And despite the boat being nearly 20 years old now, she still turns heads!
        Joe

1998 MariStar 225VRS, 350ci LT1

Comment

Originally posted by jsturvey View Post
          Yea, the kids will love it; it's a good way for a family to make memories together for sure. I've raised both of my kids on the boat. They love to ride the tube, and my 11 year old daughter water skis. My nearly 7 year old son was helping me peel the "MariStar" side stickers of our 225VRS last weekend. Going to go with the clean look. And despite the boat being nearly 20 years old now, she still turns heads!
          I thought I’d post an update. I did a lot of work to the boat last year, wakemakers bags added, manifold removed and repaired, two new thru Hull inlets with 1” lines, complete compound and polish, interior leds, new decals, new rollers on the trailer, new winch, new jack and reinforced engine panels for the ballast bags, shaft coupler alignment and a new OJ Prop. Phew, I’m tired thinking about it. I have enjoyed every minute of it!. She looks great now and we’ve put 100 hours on her so far 1 year later! Great family boat!

Todo:
          New Bimini from bullet lines or a replacement.
          Brakes on the trailer
          Painting trailer
          Woody wax the tower
          New speakers
          Vinyl wrap the gauge cluster
          Trailer bunks
          Guide pole covers
          Attached Files
          Last edited by wakesurf6786; 06-05-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

looks fantastic! hell of a transformation

interested to see what you end up doing with the brakes
            i think our trailer is about due for a total overhaul - from the swingaway master, to the calipers, and i was having a bit of a hard time finding the proper parts

Comment

Looks great!! Nice work!
              Currently schlepping on BIL's X46

MISS "B" HAVEN

2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX (Sold)
              OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
              Tugger: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew, EcoDiesel
              http://www.crowniehq.net

Comment

Originally posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post

i think our trailer is about due for a total overhaul - from the swingaway master, to the calipers, and i was having a bit of a hard time finding the proper parts
                Thank you!

If you have a Reliable trailer you have to get a UFP Retrofit tongue. Truck and Trailer Parts has them has them for $185. I haven’t ordered mine yet. That way you can use a UFP actuator. Kodiak 225 calipers are an exact fit fo my trailer’s calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
                  Looks great!! Nice work!
                  Thank you! We love it.

Comment

Originally posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post

Thank you!

If you have a Reliable trailer you have to get a UFP Retrofit tongue. Truck and Trailer Parts has them has them for $185. I haven’t ordered mine yet. That way you can use a UFP actuator. Kodiak 225 calipers are an exact fit fo my trailer’s calipers.
                    I actually replaced my old “reliable” tongue with the UFP kit from waymires just a couple weekends ago. I decided against doing the calipers and seeing where that got me. Trailer is better than new now!
                    Attached Files
                    -Tolman
                    '22 XT23 coming soon...
                    '06 X30 (sold!)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

TolCarMan, looks exactly like mine but I don't have any form of safety cable. Where does that attach?

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
                        I actually replaced my old “reliable” tongue with the UFP kit from waymires just a couple weekends ago. I decided against doing the calipers and seeing where that got me. Trailer is better than new now!
                        I’ve looked at Waymires.com and can’t find anywhere to order. Did you call?

Comment

where you'd get the new decals?

Comment

Originally posted by cookster22 View Post
                            where you'd get the new decals?
                            Ebay, I just wanted a simple option. I don't think it's the exact Mastercraft font, but the one they used is pretty dang close. I think I paid around $50 for the pair. I ended up having to buy a third one because I screwed up one. I think the seller was Redline Graphics?? Not sure. They can do customer sizes for anything you want.
                            Last edited by wakesurf6786; 06-05-2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
                              TolCarMan, looks exactly like mine but I don't have any form of safety cable. Where does that attach?
                              It is built in on mine to the left of the clamp if your looking at it head on. I believe it’s a thing they’ve only recently started doing, although I could be wrong.
                              -Tolman
                              '22 XT23 coming soon...
                              '06 X30 (sold!)

Comment

I’ve looked at Waymires.com and can’t find anywhere to order. Did you call?
                                Yes, I had to call. They sell them in two sizes so make sure you know the height and width of your tongue. My 2006 has a 3x4 if that helps.
                                -Tolman
                                '22 XT23 coming soon...
                                '06 X30 (sold!)

Comment

Working...
                                X