Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 + XSTAR thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just me, but im not sure if see the need for a star then if you a primarily surfing. I find the stroage under the seats to be terrible as the "sub floor tanks" come into that area. And the Surf wave is on par with an x23 imho...

    I like the rear facing seat design better than the x23 though and i like the over the engine storage compartment.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
      Just me, but im not sure if see the need for a star then if you a primarily surfing. I find the stroage under the seats to be terrible as the "sub floor tanks" come into that area. And the Surf wave is on par with an x23 imho...

      I like the rear facing seat design better than the x23 though and i like the over the engine storage compartment.
      I could sleep under the seats on the star I looked at. Plenty of storage.. I’d buy a star over a 23 but that’s just me

      Comment


      • #18
        what are you talking about? under the long benches there clearly much less room than any 23ft current model boat ive ever seen. you can see the carpeted tank system?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
          Just me, but im not sure if see the need for a star then if you a primarily surfing. I find the stroage under the seats to be terrible as the "sub floor tanks" come into that area. And the Surf wave is on par with an x23 imho...

          I like the rear facing seat design better than the x23 though and i like the over the engine storage compartment.
          We will also use the boat to wakeboard however we do surf more than anything else. Probably 70% surfing and the rest of the time is split between wake boarding and foiling. I demo'd an X23 a few years ago and it did not WOW me like the xstar did. I am sure with time it could have been dialed but with the stock settings the regular wave was OK and the goofy wave was really sub par IMO. The star's regular side wave is insane and the goofy wave isnt far behind. The boat also drives much better and is less sensitive to side to side weight due to the flatter hull.

          Comment


          • #20
            weird. i found the opposite. i found the star to handle a bit more barge like with the deep whale v at slow speeds and the x23 to handle really well. i actually complimented my friend again this weekend about how well the x23 drives compared to the axis.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
              what are you talking about? under the long benches there clearly much less room than any 23ft current model boat ive ever seen. you can see the carpeted tank system?
              I saw one of the first two built, so maybe the ballast has changed? I remember it having an extreme amount of room I thought. At least on port

              Comment


              • #22
                i will measure. all the stars ive been in when u remove the cabine seats (long ones running port and starboard) there is obviously a tank there taking up room under the seat.

                Maybe i am use to the axis whre you are almost waist deep in those compartments ok maybe thigh deep, but the x23 seem much deeper.

                Comment


                • #23
                  The xstar wave surprised me more than the wakeboard wake. But I rode for 2 days only at the TBS so I cant say I know the boat enough to express a fair opinion. I’m in the wait mode for mine to be delivered soon when I will be able to tell more

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
                    weird. i found the opposite. i found the star to handle a bit more barge like with the deep whale v at slow speeds and the x23 to handle really well. i actually complimented my friend again this weekend about how well the x23 drives compared to the axis.
                    This is definitely the exact opposite of what I have found. My X23 handled ok at slow speeds, but was VERY lethargic compared to the new XStar. I don’t know if it’s the big rudder, or what, but the Star handles 2x as good as the X23 at any speed.

                    And while the Xstar does have the whale belly V, the X23 is a very deep v, and carries a deeper V back to the transom.

                    As for the storage, the tank arrangement in the X23 is just like the XStar. The lounge compartments are the same depth, and the top of the ballast tanks is the floor in the compartments. Same exact deal in both boats. And the XStar has way more storage than the X23. The lounge seat area compartments are longer, the storage under the front seats is deeper, and you have big compartments in the rear with the gen2 pnp bags under the floor divider.

                    Certainly not bagging on the X23, because there are things I like better about that boat as well. But I definitely can’t say it handles better, or has more storage than the new Star.

                    I mean, I can measure it all out, but I’d bet money that the XStar has 30% more storage than the X23, and more storage than any axis with the factory pnp full. While an axis has deep lounge area compartments, the rear compartments are full of ballast bags, and there is no storage in the front at all, right?
                    Last edited by FourFourty; 05-02-2018, 08:22 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This generation star more responsive than my 15 for sure. And light years ahead of the g23. U can turn this boat at wakeboard speed or even higher and turns on a dime. The huge rudder makes a significant difference.
                      Last edited by Lee50thAnniversary; 05-02-2018, 11:05 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Interested to hear the G vs Xstar comparison. There hasn't been much talk of this yet.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                          Interested to hear the G vs Xstar comparison. There hasn't been much talk of this yet.
                          I definitely have a long list of observations for advantages/disadvantages of each. But I figure I'd wait until I ran the XStar more, before running down through all of them.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The Xstar maneuverability is impressive really impressive. I think this is due to the rudder and maybe to the angle, position of the axis/propeller

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Fbeltrao View Post
                              The Xstar maneuverability is impressive really impressive. I think this is due to the rudder and maybe to the angle, position of the axis/propeller
                              Good point probably a combination

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                                I definitely have a long list of observations for advantages/disadvantages of each. But I figure I'd wait until I ran the XStar more, before running down through all of them.
                                I figured you did. Will be looking forward to reading it.

                                Also, you will have to post it on Wakeworld so we can all see people lose there mind and call you all kinds of names.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X