Who has had red boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has had red boat?

I've been designing a boat and love the look of a red top deck and red hull bottom. Concerned about how hot it gets in NM and how hard it is to keep clean. Thoughts??

Considering going red on the side with top deck and hull bottom white. I know its easier to clean and not as hot. Just trying to see how "bad" red is.

I had a red malibu, but the top deck was white so I never had an issue with the heat. I can't imagine it would be too big of a deal.
    2014 x46

Comment

I had a red Maristar. No problems with heat. Cleaned up nice without the noticeable water spots of say, black...

Comment

I have had a boat with a red top deck and I am in Southern California. Heat was never an issue and it always cleaned up fairly easy as well.

Comment

I have a black boat - top deck and hull...Red would be a LOT less maintenance.

Comment

I have had two pro tour red MC boats. The red is a great looking color and is super easy to keep clean. It does a great job of hiding dirt and water spots.

My current X23 has a red hull. Color hulls are so much better than white IMO as the whites in South Louisiana tend to turn yellow over time.

Comment

The red never gets to hot for the heat in Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok guys.. thanks for the replies. Which one out of the two boats below?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like I now have two accounts... dan2060 is the original, but couldn't get it to save boats, so now I'm danielsmith209 too......

sorry, the red in the pictures did not come out. I don't know how else to upload it.

Comment

Dave, that boat is AWESOME

Comment

Thanks, watch how you mix the red flake and viper red/protour red.

They don't really match color wise so its not the same. even though the computer makes them look like it. I was going to add some red flake to my boat when I ordered back in 2015, but once I saw them together, I went this route and very glad that I did.

Comment

What!!!! So your saying the viper red and the scarlet red flake, do not match!! I could tell the protour was off, but the viper seemed liked the same red without flake. So disappointed.

Comment

Teamtalk gives you the facts
                          2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

Team talk sure does give the facts. That totally changes things. I was hoping someone would say that Dave is Crazy (like a factory gel coat worker). However,.....MASTERCRAFT do you see this? You should have a matching red to the flake!!!

Comment

The viper red is close but its not an exact match. I was pretty bummed as well when I found this out as well.

There is a X46 that did this color combo and from far away you cant tell, but up close its noticeable.

Someone can maybe confirm this that has bought a boat recently but in 2015, they didn't match.

Comment

Working...
                              X