NXT22 Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT22 Ballast

Hello, I just ordered a new 2018 NXT 22. Trying to figure out if I want to upgrade the ballast. Does anyone know what weight the rear bags are on the NXT22 Gen surf system? And does anyone know what size the rear compartments are, if I wanted to put bigger bags back there? Thanks

I believe dealers and individuals were swapping the 450s out to the 750s and they fit great. This was older nxt22s

Comment

Originally posted by clrussell View Post
      I believe dealers and individuals were swapping the 450s out to the 750s and they fit great. This was older nxt22s
      Should be same for 2018 in that regard.
      Just make sure you leave hatches open when filling to observe fittings and how much of 75o can be filled
      sigpic
      2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
      2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
      2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
      2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
      2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
      2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
      2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
      2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
      2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation for brands of 750# ballast bags if I do decide to upgrade? And does anyone know the dimensions of the rear lockers on the NXT22, I want to see what the largest bag I could fit in there. Thanks
        Last edited by DJFiddler; 05-13-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

The bags that came in my 2018 nxt22 fill the rear locker completely..... maybe some room for a led weight or 2

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The 2018 set up is the same as previous model years.

Wakemakers does not have any direct replacement solutions for the NXT22 but I was told (last week) they have a project currently active in engineering to develop an exact fit bag.

I was told by WM that people are using the 35"L x 25"W x 20"H Universal Rear Bag (https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...html?836=34491), which is a 710lb vs the stock 400.

I agree the stock 400 fill out the lockers pretty good. I measured the compartments yesterday and do see that the dimensions of the 710 would allow you to fill every single ounce of available space....not sure however that you’d get all 710lbs of bag flooded before you pinched the overflow line, or popped the hatch, or bowed the compartment dividers.

Comment

Does anyone that has added the larger bags know if the current plumbing will work or do you have to extend them for the larger bags?

Comment

Originally posted by allzway View Post
                Does anyone that has added the larger bags know if the current plumbing will work or do you have to extend them for the larger bags?
                Should work just fine stock
                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by allzway View Post
                  I ordered those bags and the fittings are of slightly different configuration. I would suppose there are several ways to configure. I ended up ordering some tubing and several fittings. It was easy.

Comment

Working...
                  X