• Show
Clear All

• Lakelife
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Black ‘n Green
    replied
    You should be fine with the 3289. We run 4 adults + the grandgirls and 1k lead at 750 above sea level.

Leave a comment:

• mallees
    replied
    Originally posted by kvw4x4 View Post
    Went out tonight. 7 adults 8 kids , 800 lead. All ballast filled to 75%. Single tab auto launch it wouldn’t take off, triple tab auto launch it does take off. Everyone was getting soaked tho so didn’t really like that...
    You can change the speed when the 2 outside tabs retract. Its probably set at about 18 mph, drop that back to 12-15 mph and that will stop the spray.

Leave a comment:

• Lakelife
    replied
    Ordering a spare prop for 22 Xstar, is Acme 3289 still the preferred choice we are at 1200’ elevation, lighter loads 80% of the time, recreational riders.
    Thinking I would put the acme on boat a keep stock prop as spare.
    I have only purchased OJ’s in the past they have been great props. With great service, always wanted to try an acme though
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• kvw4x4
    replied
    Went out tonight. 7 adults 8 kids , 800 lead. All ballast filled to 75%. Single tab auto launch it wouldn’t take off, triple tab auto launch it does take off. Everyone was getting soaked tho so didn’t really like that...

Leave a comment:

• kvw4x4
    replied
    Originally posted by tchur1 View Post
    Are you using single or triple auto launch? We have the 6.2 here in Tahoe and with the boat fully loaded and 600 lbs of lead its really struggles to get on plane, with triple auto launch. However we just have the stock 18x16 on it currently.

When I have run at sea level with this setup it has no issues at all.

How badly is it struggling? I wonder if you're just used to the rocket that is the 7.4 in the older boat that was lighter
    It takes a bit to get up to speed. But we don’t have to move around or anything to get on plane, I do feel like I’m trying to compare it to the old boat which isn’t a good comparison, I feel like it’s got plenty of power for surfing

Leave a comment:

• maniacmikes
    replied
    I have ran a couple tanks of good fuel through it. What’s your stock prop size? Do dealers have a way to test the power? I also came from a 7.4 engine with a high torque prop in my older Xstar which was a absolute beast! Your running single auto launch? What speed is it set to retract? And how’s you lead set up? Thanks

Yes, the computer records the % advance/retard of the engine timing. They can tell if it’s not running full power.

Stock prop was an 18x16….I’m running the acme 3289 now, which is an 18x17.5 if I remember right. I don’t wakeboard heavily very often….but when I do, it has worked fine. I’m at 2,200 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• tchur1
    replied
    Are you using single or triple auto launch? We have the 6.2 here in Tahoe and with the boat fully loaded and 600 lbs of lead its really struggles to get on plane, with triple auto launch. However we just have the stock 18x16 on it currently.

When I have run at sea level with this setup it has no issues at all.

How badly is it struggling? I wonder if you're just used to the rocket that is the 7.4 in the older boat that was lighter

Leave a comment:

• kvw4x4
    replied
    I’m on the left coast so not much elevation to deal with

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    2018+ XStar prop thread.

Kvw4x4, aren’t you at Tahoe? If so the rule of thumb is 3% HP loss per 1k elevation gain. The more aggressive props are definitely needed especially when fully loaded for wakeboard. Eric is likely spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• kvw4x4
    replied
    Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
    Are you at elevation? I just can't imagine. The stock "advanced wake" settings only have the rear ballast at 75%... I have run with 100% full, plus 400 pounds of lead and 5 people in the boat with single tab auto launch and the boat still pulled hard with the stock prop.

Did you get some bad fuel?
    I have ran a couple tanks of good fuel through it. What’s your stock prop size? Do dealers have a way to test the power? I also came from a 7.4 engine with a high torque prop in my older Xstar which was a absolute beast! Your running single auto launch? What speed is it set to retract? And how’s you lead set up? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• maniacmikes
    replied
    Hey guys, quick prop question, we upgraded to a 18 x 15.5 on our 2019 xstar with 6.2,
    It still seems a little sluggish, we run stock 'advanced wake' settings and about 800 lbs of lead, it takes off ok but any more people in the boat and its gonna really struggle, I talked to Eric from OJ he recommended swapping to a 18 x 14 instead, just nervous this might be to much? what are your thoughts? thanks Kevin
    Are you at elevation? I just can't imagine. The stock "advanced wake" settings only have the rear ballast at 75%... I have run with 100% full, plus 400 pounds of lead and 5 people in the boat with single tab auto launch and the boat still pulled hard with the stock prop.

Did you get some bad fuel?

Leave a comment:

• kvw4x4
    replied
    Hey guys, quick prop question, we upgraded to a 18 x 15.5 on our 2019 xstar with 6.2,
    It still seems a little sluggish, we run stock 'advanced wake' settings and about 800 lbs of lead, it takes off ok but any more people in the boat and its gonna really struggle, I talked to Eric from OJ he recommended swapping to a 18 x 14 instead, just nervous this might be to much? what are your thoughts? thanks Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by wallnut21 View Post
    I would love to hear the results on the X24 with 3289 when available. Tks.
    Got it on this past weekend and only had a few hours on the boat. Unfortunately it was just a couple of us, and we did not get to surf.

But, here are my initial thoughts and data:

- Still came out of the hole strong with single tab autolaunch, but I did not have people or weight
    - 4K cruise speed was 30mph vs 25 for the 3493
    - WOT at 5650 was 41 vs 35 for the 3493

My initial conclusion is that it is a much more versatile prop than the 3493, but I really need to get my normal crew of 10-14 and see how it surfs. More to come.

Oh, and I may order the 3319 18X16 0.12 cup. It may be the perfect balance for the x24 with 6.2.

Leave a comment:

• wallnut21
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    My 2019 X24 with 6.2L GDI came with an OJ 856-MF 17.5X16.5, 0.12 cup.

I picked up an Acme 3493 18x15.5, 0.09 cup and ran it this weekend. I did not do a full test in all scenarios, but it is a rocket out of the hole. I did hit the rev limiter and top speed was 35.4 at 5650 rpms. I cannot remember the exact surf RPM, but I think it was ~ 3500 with full ballast and 14 on the boat.

While I love the performance of the 3493, I just placed an order for the Acme 3289 18x17.5 0.105 and should have it next week. I will do some more testing and report all of my findings on all three props (actually never ran the factory OJ).

I would love to hear the results on the X24 with 3289 when available. Tks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X