2011 X-35 Surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 X-35 Surfing

Looking for the best way to setup my newly acquired 2011 X-35 for wake surfing. After a little reading I've come down to the following:
    Go Surf Assist Kit: $4000
    Brackets for Swim Platform: $600
    Piggy back Rear 820 Ballast $620
    Is there a better way? Any suggestions or comments appreciated. Not really sure about the ballast. Are there any new after market surf systems that are less expensive which do a great job? Bottom line: I want a huge surf wave!
    Andrew

the only way to get a huge wave is displacement. which is more ballast. So lots of ballast and some sort of wake shaper that cleans up the surf side wave. Go surf assist is a great option, but can be a bit pricey. If you want something cheaper but still does a great job you could get a mission delta, swell, quick shift wake shaper, or make you own. Making a great wave is all about displacement (ballast) and delayed convergence (wake shaper). There are threads about this and talk about the pros and cons of go surf assist or some type of gate that attaches to the side of you boat. Check out those threads. Have fun this summer

Comment

Wakemakers is also now selling the GSA kits....and you can get 10% with the discount code, believe its MASTERCRAFT413 (brings it down to 3600 anyway).
      I have had a great experience with Nauticurl wake shaper, think they are about $250 and float.

Comment

If at all possible you might consider going the additional ballast route, and a wake shaper like a mission delta. I had terrific success with mine. Bought it from wakemakers with a return guarantee. Obviously it doesn't do switching sides. But if that's not important to you, its significantly less expensive than adding surf systems (as great as they are). And with the return guarantee it might be worth trying.

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you for all the good information.

Comment

We have a '11 X35 and primarily surf.

We have Gen 1 surf system (no center tab) and piggybacked 750's in the rear lockers.

I normally run full port side (I surf regular) and ~50% belly tank with the Gen 1 starboard tab deployed.

My wife prefers to ride with the belly tank empty and it makes the wave a little shorter.

The wave is great for us!

EDIT: NEED PICS of your boat!
            J.R.
            2011 X35

Comment

I have 1,000's piggyback in the rear lockers. Fill them all up and stick the 8.3 wake surf maker on the opposite side of surfing with center tab at 25% (I think still cold here) and we get a great wave for our needs.
              $4k for the system...is that installed?
              The Wook Burger - 2 patties, 2 cheese, 1 bun.

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoSnake View Post
                I have 1,000's piggyback in the rear lockers. Fill them all up and stick the 8.3 wake surf maker on the opposite side of surfing with center tab at 25% (I think still cold here) and we get a great wave for our needs.
                $4k for the system...is that installed?
                Not installed, but they have great videos of the installation process.

Comment

I have a ‘12 X35 and have an 1100 bag in each back locker, 400lb lead to place wherever is best and a wakemate, works great [emoji1303] Just keep experimenting

Comment

Wakemate was making the wave too mellow on port side for me in ‘12 X35. Took it off and made sure my ballast was as full as possible and got great push and went wireless this weekend!

Comment

I purchased from WakeMakers the rear locker 820 lb ballast bags with the Mastercraft Piggyback Rear factory Ballast upgrade kit and for the front lockers 250lb FATSAC's with hoses & fitting. Didn't come with any directions so I called them and they kindly emailed me so basic instructions but I'm still not sure which hoses to connect to. Does anyone have any photos of the bags installed or could recommend an installation video? Andrew

Comment

Did you ever get the piggy back system installed. I have the same set up on my X-35 and could send pics or info. If you need any help with it

Comment

Working...
                        X