1994 Prostar 205 prop replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miss Rita View Post
    FWIW I tried the 541 prior to buying the 543. The 543 has slightly better hole shot, and about another 100 rpm at WOT. They're both great.
    I can see that being a fair comparison and result. The 205 is a foot longer than the 190 (which I use for comparison on the 541).

Good feedback for sure.
    93 190
    (safe click)
    John 14:6
    (safe click)

Comment

I wen't to a 541 Acme as well on a '98 Pro. 190. Great out of the hole and top end is at 44 on both Speedos. (Hand held GPS aswell) Acme told me to try that prop and if I don't like it, send it back and try another one. I talked with Jim and told him my set up. He's the guy that suggested the 541. I'm not knocking the OJ, just telling of my dealings with Acme. If you have the option to try, I would certainly use it. BTW...a junk prop is better than no prop. They are costly, I sure would no throw it into the dumpster.

Comment

Acme 541.... Mic drop...
        If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
        1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Picking mic back up....Would suggest trying our 13 X 11.5 LC 1" 3-blade #310 or 13 X 12 LC 1" 3-blade #314..… You're welcome to try them both to see which fits your needs best. We also offer a free in house repair of your current prop when you purchase a new prop.
          Eric Johnson
          Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
          [email protected]
          ojprops.com
          800-359-9730

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EJ OJPROP View Post
            Picking mic back up....Would suggest trying our 13 X 11.5 LC 1" 3-blade #310 or 13 X 12 LC 1" 3-blade #314..… You're welcome to try them both to see which fits your needs best. We also offer a free in house repair of your current prop when you purchase a new prop.
            LOL!! Nice work!!

Comment

A good unscientific review of prop options. Not the exact same boat but good feedback none-the-less with a nod to the OJ options:
              http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=31670

If I had some spare change, I would like to compare the OJ 13x11.5" to my 541. I will agree with the review that the 541 really growls when you cut the throttle at speed. Dang Teamtalk, makes you aware of problems you didn't know you had AND there could be a better prop out there

Comment

Originally posted by d2jp View Post
                If I had some spare change, I would like to compare the OJ 13x11.5" to my 541. I will agree with the review that the 541 really growls when you cut the throttle at speed. Dang Teamtalk, makes you aware of problems you didn't know you had AND there could be a better prop out there

hahaha How many props would you like today sir? As we here like to say: Speed costs money. How fast would you like to go?

That is a great and kind offer. I may want to take you up on a #314 at some point. Unfortunately for me, there ain't no fixing what this rookie captain did to his original OJ prop. sheesh! I have heard a lot of good things about OJ props and their adept support, pre and post purchase.
                Rick
                sigpic

Comment

Understand beyond repair. Also offer an additional discount when the prop is beyond repair. Feel free to call if you have any questions.
                  Eric Johnson
                  [email protected]
                  ojprops.com
                  800-359-9730

sigpic

Comment

Oops! (as we hit a rock) What do we do now captain?

Understand beyond repair. Also offer an additional discount when the prop is beyond repair. Feel free to call if you have any questions.
                    Eric: I will probably give you a call sooner than later. I am thinking this newbie captain should not be going around without a backup plan. I don't see the 314 on your application guide. However, you can set me straight on all things propeller when we talk. Thanks for the offer.
                    Rick
                    sigpic

Comment

Eric (or others) I’ve contemplated trying a CNC prop for a while but I’m pleased with the performance of my 13 X 13 conventional 4 blade. What benefit would I really see on a 92 PS 205, 351HO, if I went to one of these other choices?

What factors should I consider in choosing between the 13 X 11.5 LC 1" 3-blade #310 or 13 X 12 LC 1" 3-blade #314

PS I want to add that both I and my son (93 PS 190, 351HO, Power Slot) have been extremely pleased with the advice/service from OJ in the past and would highly recommend them. Because of their support, I have a hard time considering other options

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dfski View Post
                        Eric (or others) I’ve contemplated trying a CNC prop for a while but I’m pleased with the performance of my 13 X 13 conventional 4 blade. What benefit would I really see on a 92 PS 205, 351HO, if I went to one of these other choices?

What factors should I consider in choosing between the 13 X 11.5 LC 1" 3-blade #310 or 13 X 12 LC 1" 3-blade #314

PS I want to add that both I and my son (93 PS 190, 351HO, Power Slot) have been extremely pleased with the advice/service from OJ in the past and would highly recommend them. Because of their support, I have a hard time considering other options

Thanks
                        Where in the midwest are you? If you are in Michigan area near me, you can borrow an oj xmp 13x11 from me and the acme 541 and do some tests. Maybe I can even help you out if you give me a few pulls on my board behind your boat

Comment

dfski - Give me a call when you can and we can discuss your options.
                          Eric Johnson
                          [email protected]
                          ojprops.com
                          800-359-9730

sigpic

Comment

My take on this is more hole shot.... more cow bell too ! So I went with a 13x11.5... if you have an older standard (non HO) 351 engine or are at elevation I think you will benefit. I am not a bare footer, nor do I need extract every mph out of the top end. bare footers might feel different.

Comment

Originally posted by jayR View Post
                              My take on this is more hole shot.... more cow bell too ! So I went with a 13x11.5... if you have an older standard (non HO) 351 engine or are at elevation I think you will benefit. I am not a bare footer, nor do I need extract every mph out of the top end. bare footers might feel different.
                              We do. Glad you found what works for you though..

Comment

Installed the ACME 543 tonight on my 94 Prostar 205. Wow! I have been missing a lot. It pulls so much better and smoother at speed. Hole shot is significantly better and getting easy 38 mph. Very impressed with the performance. I was going to keep my old one as a spare and boy I hope it never has to get used unless it’s an anchor. ����

Comment

Working...
                                X