Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paco_06
    replied
    A little info for those that might be curious. I have a 1993 prostar 205 carbed 351 ho 285 HP with 1:1. Couple years ago I bought a deal in two props from a member here. 13x13 4 blade cast and 13x11 3 blade CNC. My boat had the 13x13 3 blade original cast on it. All three props excellent shape, no dings, nicks, or flaws of any kind.

First I tried the four blade, noticeable hole shot improvement with top speed about the same as the original three blade. If anything, 1 mph slower. 41-42 mph. Kinda hard to explain, but to me it's the smoothest pull of the three props. Almost feels electric.

Lastly I tried the 13x11 CNC three blade. Best hole shot, but only by a little over the four blade. Best top end, 44-45 mph, but of course runs a little high in the rpms. Maybe around 4700-4800. This is the prop I left on my boat and currently use. I also had a powerslot prior to this boat and the 13x11 is the closest thing I have to make it feel like a powerslot. I also seem to have a touch better fuel economy and the engine seems to be in less strain than with any other prop I've tried.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cfgunnell
    replied
    Installed the ACME 543 tonight on my 94 Prostar 205. Wow! I have been missing a lot. It pulls so much better and smoother at speed. Hole shot is significantly better and getting easy 38 mph. Very impressed with the performance. I was going to keep my old one as a spare and boy I hope it never has to get used unless it’s an anchor. ����

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Originally posted by jayR View Post
    My take on this is more hole shot.... more cow bell too ! So I went with a 13x11.5... if you have an older standard (non HO) 351 engine or are at elevation I think you will benefit. I am not a bare footer, nor do I need extract every mph out of the top end. bare footers might feel different.
    We do. Glad you found what works for you though..

Leave a comment:

• jayR
    replied
    My take on this is more hole shot.... more cow bell too ! So I went with a 13x11.5... if you have an older standard (non HO) 351 engine or are at elevation I think you will benefit. I am not a bare footer, nor do I need extract every mph out of the top end. bare footers might feel different.

Leave a comment:

• EJ OJPROP
    replied
    dfski - Give me a call when you can and we can discuss your options.

Leave a comment:

• Roman
    replied
    Originally posted by dfski View Post
    Eric (or others) I’ve contemplated trying a CNC prop for a while but I’m pleased with the performance of my 13 X 13 conventional 4 blade. What benefit would I really see on a 92 PS 205, 351HO, if I went to one of these other choices?

What factors should I consider in choosing between the 13 X 11.5 LC 1" 3-blade #310 or 13 X 12 LC 1" 3-blade #314

PS I want to add that both I and my son (93 PS 190, 351HO, Power Slot) have been extremely pleased with the advice/service from OJ in the past and would highly recommend them. Because of their support, I have a hard time considering other options

Thanks
    Where in the midwest are you? If you are in Michigan area near me, you can borrow an oj xmp 13x11 from me and the acme 541 and do some tests. Maybe I can even help you out if you give me a few pulls on my board behind your boat

Leave a comment:

• dfski
    replied
    Originally posted by EJ OJPROP View Post
    Picking mic back up....Would suggest trying our 13 X 11.5 LC 1" 3-blade #310 or 13 X 12 LC 1" 3-blade #314..… You're welcome to try them both to see which fits your needs best. We also offer a free in house repair of your current prop when you purchase a new prop.
    Eric (or others) I’ve contemplated trying a CNC prop for a while but I’m pleased with the performance of my 13 X 13 conventional 4 blade. What benefit would I really see on a 92 PS 205, 351HO, if I went to one of these other choices?

What factors should I consider in choosing between the 13 X 11.5 LC 1" 3-blade #310 or 13 X 12 LC 1" 3-blade #314

PS I want to add that both I and my son (93 PS 190, 351HO, Power Slot) have been extremely pleased with the advice/service from OJ in the past and would highly recommend them. Because of their support, I have a hard time considering other options

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Rico-X
    replied
    Oops! (as we hit a rock) What do we do now captain?

Understand beyond repair. Also offer an additional discount when the prop is beyond repair. Feel free to call if you have any questions.
    Eric: I will probably give you a call sooner than later. I am thinking this newbie captain should not be going around without a backup plan. I don't see the 314 on your application guide. However, you can set me straight on all things propeller when we talk. Thanks for the offer.

Leave a comment:

• EJ OJPROP
    replied
    Understand beyond repair. Also offer an additional discount when the prop is beyond repair. Feel free to call if you have any questions.

Leave a comment:

• Rico-X
    replied
    Originally posted by d2jp View Post
    If I had some spare change, I would like to compare the OJ 13x11.5" to my 541. I will agree with the review that the 541 really growls when you cut the throttle at speed. Dang Teamtalk, makes you aware of problems you didn't know you had AND there could be a better prop out there

hahaha How many props would you like today sir? As we here like to say: Speed costs money. How fast would you like to go?

Picking mic back up....Would suggest trying our 13 X 11.5 LC 1" 3-blade #310 or 13 X 12 LC 1" 3-blade #314..… You're welcome to try them both to see which fits your needs best. We also offer a free in house repair of your current prop when you purchase a new prop.
    That is a great and kind offer. I may want to take you up on a #314 at some point. Unfortunately for me, there ain't no fixing what this rookie captain did to his original OJ prop. sheesh! I have heard a lot of good things about OJ props and their adept support, pre and post purchase.

Leave a comment:

• d2jp
    replied
    A good unscientific review of prop options. Not the exact same boat but good feedback none-the-less with a nod to the OJ options:
    http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=31670

If I had some spare change, I would like to compare the OJ 13x11.5" to my 541. I will agree with the review that the 541 really growls when you cut the throttle at speed. Dang Teamtalk, makes you aware of problems you didn't know you had AND there could be a better prop out there

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    LOL!! Nice work!!

Leave a comment:

• EJ OJPROP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Acme 541.... Mic drop...

Leave a comment:

• Snipe
    replied
    I wen't to a 541 Acme as well on a '98 Pro. 190. Great out of the hole and top end is at 44 on both Speedos. (Hand held GPS aswell) Acme told me to try that prop and if I don't like it, send it back and try another one. I talked with Jim and told him my set up. He's the guy that suggested the 541. I'm not knocking the OJ, just telling of my dealings with Acme. If you have the option to try, I would certainly use it. BTW...a junk prop is better than no prop. They are costly, I sure would no throw it into the dumpster.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X