Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Screens Software Update

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dual Screens Software Update

    Looks like the dual screens gremlins thread was accidentally deleted with the hack yesterday, so reposting this question. I just had my '18 23 25 hour service and had the software update applied along with the new harness, etc.. I am not getting the "safety acknowledgement" at startup that others have referenced after the update and am wondering if my dealer loaded the most recent update. I checked in my settings and it is stating that I have update 2921080 - 20180112. I would have thought the update would have a more recent date than Jan 12, 2018, but not sure how they name their updates. Is this consistent with what others have?

  • #2
    Originally posted by AZCRUZIN View Post
    Looks like the dual screens gremlins thread was accidentally deleted with the hack yesterday, so reposting this question. I just had my '18 23 25 hour service and had the software update applied along with the new harness, etc.. I am not getting the "safety acknowledgement" at startup that others have referenced after the update and am wondering if my dealer loaded the most recent update. I checked in my settings and it is stating that I have update 2921080 - 20180112. I would have thought the update would have a more recent date than Jan 12, 2018, but not sure how they name their updates. Is this consistent with what others have?
    Ill check my code when I get home. I do not get any safety acknowledgement either. Is you dealer Wolf? I had my '18 XT22 at the dealer 3 weeks ago for the 25 hour service and they told they did an update as well. I'm still having issues with touch screen not coming on at initial start up and now this weekend the ballast pumps did not come on. I had to turn battery off and back on for them to work.

    Comment


    • #3
      The newest version will have you acknowledge a disclaimer. I just had it installed 5 days ago. I can check when I get home.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tomwhitejr1 View Post
        Ill check my code when I get home. I do not get any safety acknowledgement either. Is you dealer Wolf? I had my '18 XT22 at the dealer 3 weeks ago for the 25 hour service and they told they did an update as well. I'm still having issues with touch screen not coming on at initial start up and now this weekend the ballast pumps did not come on. I had to turn battery off and back on for them to work.
        Yeah, my dealer is Wolf...they've been great to work with, but just want to make sure they loaded the most recent update. I'm not having any of the other problems you mentioned, so not sure if it's related to the update or not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AZCRUZIN View Post
          Looks like the dual screens gremlins thread was accidentally deleted with the hack yesterday, so reposting this question. I just had my '18 23 25 hour service and had the software update applied along with the new harness, etc.. I am not getting the "safety acknowledgement" at startup that others have referenced after the update and am wondering if my dealer loaded the most recent update. I checked in my settings and it is stating that I have update 2921080 - 20180112. I would have thought the update would have a more recent date than Jan 12, 2018, but not sure how they name their updates. Is this consistent with what others have?
          That for sure isn't the latest. That is the version I updated from. The new ones have a June date. I do have an issue with the new software though, my triple tab auto-launch doesn't deploy fully when in Wakeboard Advanced Mode. It still works, but it puts Port down to 65 and Starboard at 70, makes for a bit of a steering challenge just before they retract.

          Comment


          • #6
            I got my boat back. Everything is working great. Stereo much improved. New wiring harness. No safety acknowledgment showing up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by uplandbird View Post
              I got my boat back. Everything is working great. Stereo much improved. New wiring harness. No safety acknowledgment showing up.
              Do you happen to know the update date on yours? Weird that some people have the safety acknowledgement and some don't...what gives...shouldn't they all be working off of the same update? My stereo seems to be much improved, but I now get some wavy lines on the camera screen when the boat is on (lines disappear when engine off)...didn't have that issue before the update. Just trying to figure out if there's a newer update than the one I got.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AZCRUZIN View Post
                Do you happen to know the update date on yours? Weird that some people have the safety acknowledgement and some don't...what gives...shouldn't they all be working off of the same update? My stereo seems to be much improved, but I now get some wavy lines on the camera screen when the boat is on (lines disappear when engine off)...didn't have that issue before the update. Just trying to figure out if there's a newer update than the one I got.
                Ill have to check my software version next time out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I recently had my '18 X46 in for it's 20 hour service, and dealer said they did an upgrade to the stereo. Today's software is as follows:
                  Screen 1: 2910534-09212017
                  Screen 2: 2910534-10022017

                  I'm not seeing any acknowledgement screen at start up, nor an Auto-Volume level 5, and overall quite disappointed in bass response and overall volume output.

                  Anyone out there know if there is newer software, and the version number(s), so i can ask the dealer about this?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tony84121 View Post
                    I recently had my '18 X46 in for it's 20 hour service, and dealer said they did an upgrade to the stereo. Today's software is as follows:
                    Screen 1: 2910534-09212017
                    Screen 2: 2910534-10022017

                    I'm not seeing any acknowledgement screen at start up, nor an Auto-Volume level 5, and overall quite disappointed in bass response and overall volume output.

                    Anyone out there know if there is newer software, and the version number(s), so i can ask the dealer about this?
                    One of the items in my service bulletin (other than the wiring harness) was to address bass. Its much better now. And I no longer lose significant tower volume in surf mode. MUCH BETTER.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by uplandbird View Post
                      One of the items in my service bulletin (other than the wiring harness) was to address bass. Its much better now. And I no longer lose significant tower volume in surf mode. MUCH BETTER.
                      Did you happen to notice if your update expanded the bluetooth coverage. My update definitely improved the speaker volume like yours, but we still lose the bluetooth connection when the phone is in the bow.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by csherbo View Post
                        That for sure isn't the latest. That is the version I updated from. The new ones have a June date. I do have an issue with the new software though, my triple tab auto-launch doesn't deploy fully when in Wakeboard Advanced Mode. It still works, but it puts Port down to 65 and Starboard at 70, makes for a bit of a steering challenge just before they retract.
                        You can adjust how much they deploy, and the speed that they retract, in your settings. You can set them to whatever you like. Look in the ballast/tab settings and scroll down.

                        Originally posted by Tony84121 View Post
                        I recently had my '18 X46 in for it's 20 hour service, and dealer said they did an upgrade to the stereo. Today's software is as follows:
                        Screen 1: 2910534-09212017
                        Screen 2: 2910534-10022017

                        I'm not seeing any acknowledgement screen at start up, nor an Auto-Volume level 5, and overall quite disappointed in bass response and overall volume output.

                        Anyone out there know if there is newer software, and the version number(s), so i can ask the dealer about this?
                        Those aren’t the latest software. The latest is a June 2018 date. Not sept/oct 2017.

                        Originally posted by AZCRUZIN View Post
                        Did you happen to notice if your update expanded the bluetooth coverage. My update definitely improved the speaker volume like yours, but we still lose the bluetooth connection when the phone is in the bow.
                        Regular Bluetooth range doesn’t change, except that you can now chose to add an external antenna that you can plug in behind the dash. I did that in my boat, and it changed the range from about 15 feet to about 100 feet. Easy install and Huge difference.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                          You can adjust how much they deploy, and the speed that they retract, in your settings. You can set them to whatever you like. Look in the ballast/tab settings and scroll down.



                          Those aren’t the latest software. The latest is a June 2018 date. Not sept/oct 2017.



                          Regular Bluetooth range doesn’t change, except that you can now chose to add an external antenna that you can plug in behind the dash. I did that in my boat, and it changed the range from about 15 feet to about 100 feet. Easy install and Huge difference.

                          Is the antenna a MC part or aftermarket?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AZCRUZIN View Post
                            Did you happen to notice if your update expanded the bluetooth coverage. My update definitely improved the speaker volume like yours, but we still lose the bluetooth connection when the phone is in the bow.
                            I don't have dramatic range issues although the edge of the Bluetooth signal appears to be the cocktail seats. Sometimes it works there and others times its iffy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pridnjoy View Post
                              Is the antenna a MC part or aftermarket?
                              Subscribed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X