• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s where I got the flag holders

http://bigairwaketowers.com/accessories/flag-holder/
    2007 X-Star SS

Comment

Despite rain on the night of 4th of July it was a pretty good weekend on the water! Boats running great.
      Attached Files
      2007 X-Star SS

Comment

Humble brag... but my morning “drive” to work was awesome! Even got to see some dolphins.
        Attached Files
        2007 X-Star SS

Comment

So you obviously take her on some big water... how does she fare?

Comment

Originally posted by willyt View Post
            So you obviously take her on some big water... how does she fare?
            She does well. Just need to pay attention to the weather and winds. 2-3 foot rollers (common on the chesepeake) are about my max tolerance and when its that big you are going slow and its not to fun, really need to pay attention when driving. On the Elizabeth and James river its pretty easy, you can hug shoreline to avoid winds, just watch out for the Tug Boats that are moving fast.

When I first moved here I was scared with taking the boat out given how low it sits in the water. This summer I figured lets ops test it and if its bad we'll turn around and Uber. Taking this approach has opened up a lot more of the bay. Previous days where I would have called it quits at the dock have proven to be great days. Have been the whole way up to the York river from Norfolk and the whole way east to Lynhaven cove for some awesome eats and beach time at first landing state park.

Still waiting for a perfect day to try to get across the bay to Cape Charles.
            2007 X-Star SS

Comment

Nice boat!

IMO the big MasterCraft logo on the side like you see on the newer boat would further improve the look of the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Elberoth View Post
                Nice boat!

IMO the big MasterCraft logo on the side like you see on the newer boat would further improve the look of the boat.
                I agree, nice boat!

My '05 to give you an idea how the big logo looks:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xstar Devils Lake 6.28.19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	2397743

Comment

I'm a big fan of the new (2014+) rised decals look:

The black decals would look killer on this hul. They are 46" long.

Personally, as a Porsche fan, I would be tempted to wrap the boat in a Gulf livery:

Comment

Originally posted by Elberoth View Post
                    I'm a big fan of the new (2014+) rised decals look:

The black decals would look killer on this hul. They are 46" long.

Personally, as a Porsche fan, I would be tempted to wrap the boat in a Gulf livery:

Any idea what those cost?
                    2008 40th Xstar
                    2006 ProStar 197 - sold
                    1992 Ski Nautique
                    1969 Glastron

Comment

Originally posted by moleson10 View Post
                      Any idea what those cost?
                      the Aurelia is $120k a week and the MC decals a couple dollars less
                      IIRC MC wants ~$700 set

Comment

The raised decals may look nice, but they are a pain to clean around and in-between.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Corona Quarantine has me hard at work on the sun deck/rear lockers. Anyone know where to source the Mastercraft logo covering and the honeycomb material? Or have recommendation for similar weight/strength ratio material? Aluminum honeycomb is like $250 for a 24x48 sheet hoping there’s alternative or this exact honeycomb somewhere. Thanks.
                          Attached Files
                          2007 X-Star SS

Comment

Update on some recent projects:
                            The boat came with the closed cooled MCX. When I purchased the boat I dropped a new MCX and decided to keep the closed cooled system on it. It gave me "piece of mind" since I operate primarily in salt water. If anyone has experience with these, the design is rough. The engine almost immediately go's to 160 at start, the CATs run super hot and there is more that can go wrong (blown hoses, blown elbows). After talking to every MC and inboard ski boat owner I could find locally, I realized I am one of the few running closed cooled. One dude had an 07 X2, open cooled, flushed after every use, and he's had to replace his exhaust manifolds once, that's it.

So I pulled the trigger, no more closed cooling, standing by for the comments now. But the boat is running amazing, the CATs are touchable during operations. Overall, I am pleased.

Threw in a new 95 Amp alternator this week, since last weekend I was getting some odd voltage indications and everything looks good again.

Still a work in progress, but a great running solid boat.

Putting domed decals on in the coming weeks, should I go with white, silver or other?
                            Attached Files
                            2007 X-Star SS

Comment

Nice work!

Got with white raised decals.
                              Former: 2007 X15

Comment

As someone who has been running an 06 x2 in salt water since new in 2006, I think you should go back to closed cooling.

My recommendation would be to run it as a half system to cool just the block. This is how mine is and I have never had a cooling issue. Salt will destroy the engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X