Steering wheel switch out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel switch out

Changed out the standard wheel for the X-Star / Prostar wheel. Love it and don't know why MasterCraft doesn't offer it as an option.
    Attached Files

Nice! Steering wheel on the 19's is a nice update too.

Comment

That looks awesome!

Although, did you consider one of these first?

Click image for larger version

Name:	chain2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	2392376

Comment

Where did you get the wheel? I would like to swap out my 07' x2 wheel for current gen. You have a part number? Definitely looks clean!

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
          That looks awesome!

[ATTACH]180799[/ATTACH]
          Chain link wheel with a foot print gas petal = pure sex on the water

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
            That looks awesome!

[ATTACH]180799[/ATTACH]
            Wait, you need to have Billy Squire playing when you scroll down and look at that steering wheel.
            2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
            "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
            Taxation = Theft

Comment

You have new steering wheel? The only thing my MCOCD saw was the bird crap on your windshield LOL
              2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

I've been putting this steering wheel on for a few years now. Agree, looks so much better, good work!

Comment

Originally posted by wallnut21 View Post
                  Nice! Steering wheel on the 19's is a nice update too.
                  Yes I noticed this too. I really like the look of the 2019 wheel.
                  2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

Originally posted by mlo16 View Post
                    Changed out the standard wheel for the X-Star / Prostar wheel. Love it and don't know why MasterCraft doesn't offer it as an option.

How much would the option be ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know where the center piece can be sourced for this wheel? Current advised they can only get it with the purchase of the entire wheel at the cost of $600.

Comment

Does anyone know where i can get this wheel which a black center cap? or is this dealer only?
                        1993 ProStar 190 351 Windsor
                        Red White & Blue
                        4x 7.7 JL , 10in JL sub
                        44.3 MPH

1989 Sanger O/B 1990 Yamaha 225
                        Grey & Blue
                        Pro X Series Tower w/ Super Fly High

1991 Barefoot 200 1996 Mercury 200 EFI
                        Black & White
                        67 MPH (GPS Speed)

SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by kellett5261 View Post
                          Does anyone know where i can get this wheel which a black center cap? or is this dealer only?
                          Which wheel in this four year old thread are you referring? I will presume the first wheel in post one, unless you are after the chain-link wheel.

Aftermarket...I found this one on Fleabay. That is the M931 model / spline hub. Don't get it confused with the keyed hub. The 93 is spline.

The center piece is a separate item from Domed Numbers dot com.

Nice wheel; in that it feels good and is easy to hold a grip. I swapped out a few years ago.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Steering Wheel from ebay Gussi 01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	2713313

Click image for larger version  Name:	Steering Wheel center new.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.2 KB ID:	2713314
                          Last edited by waterlogged882; 08-30-2022, 10:01 PM.
                          93 190
                          (safe click)
                          John 14:6
                          (safe click)

Comment

I added one to my 94 a few years back - love the wheel. Back when MC came out with the new prostar they marketed the wheel as reducing the mass in the outside of the wheel, not sure if that was really a benefit or not but they claimed it made the boat easier for tracking (not important on the wake pigs)

And now fast forward from 2014 and Malibu uses the same one in their boats too!

Comment

I have splined hub on 2002 Prostar, correct?
                              If anyone sees a current ebay link , I'm interested in that Gussi that Waterlogged posted - looks great ! Very classy upgrade.
                              (unless my search skills are deficient -- I'm not seeing anything come up just now....)

Comment

Working...
                              X