X22 or X24 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X22 or X24 ???

So I think I am going to place an order for a 2019 and can't decide between the X22 or X24. I am coming from an X23 and while it suit my families needs I could handle a little more storage. We had a couple G's and really liked the storage while having large groups on the boat.

I am leaning towards the X24, more room and the pictures I've seen from my dealer on surf wave is insane!! We are building a house at the lake over winter so next year will be the first year we will have the boat on a lift over pulling the boat after each use. I am having a hard time justifying the fastfill option for somewhere around $5k CDN. We usually slowly coast out to the middle of the lake while pumps are filling so quickly filling has never been an issue. I am worried about the resale of the boat with out it though.

I have one priced with a low profile triple axle trailer so I might go with a tandem and put that savings towards the fastfill option, not sure what to do yet...

Anyone going from an X23 to either one of these new models??
    2019 X22
    2018 X23
    2017 X23
    2016 G23
    2015 G21
    2014 Z3
    2013 Z3
    2012 Z3
    2012 RZR

If I the decision is between triple axle trailer and fast fill, fast fill all the way. Especially if its sitting on a lift all summer. My 2cents.
    2018 XT22

Comment

Originally posted by Millertime View Post
      If I the decision is between triple axle trailer and fast fill, fast fill all the way. Especially if its sitting on a lift all summer. My 2cents.
      I do agree, the boat will be on the lift majority of the time. I will pull the boat weekly to clean and/or if the weather is going to be bad for an extended period. We spend two weeks in BC with the boat every summer as well so we do trailer a fair bit. The triple axle I had under my G23 was really nice while towing!!
      2019 X22
      2018 X23
      2017 X23
      2016 G23
      2015 G21
      2014 Z3
      2013 Z3
      2012 Z3
      2012 RZR

Comment

Fwiw, I was concerned how my star would pull on a tandem trailer being much larger then then the x25 I had previously owned however I think it follows better possibly more balanced now.🤷*♂️ So fast fill over triple imo.

If ordering new now I’d have a hard time deciding between x22 and x24. Too bad XStar didn’t get those awesome transom seats.

Comment

I think the fast fill is a must in the x24. My x23 fills in 8 minutes with 3000 lbs, x24 is 4300lbs that’s 1.43 x more ballast. 1.43 x 8 minutes = 11.5 minutes. If it works this way that’s quite a bit of time. Guys are reporting fill times of 2:40 minutes for the new xstar.

I was on the x24 with 12 people on board. The wave was insane. I did not get to see/ride it stock. IMO the x23 stock with two people in the boat leaves a lot to be desired. The switchback tank should help a lot.

I too will be ordering new. We’re going with the x22 because we typically have a small crew only about a dozen times/year do we have 8+ people.

One of the guys from my dealer extensively picked the brain of some engineers at dealer days. It sounds like they were so pleasantly surprised by the success of the star hull, that they tried to mimic it with the x22 and x24.

We have had 3 MCs in 3 years because of some crazy stuff. I plan to keep this one for a long time so we’ll probably get the 7.4. What other options are you considering? Dual screens? The 7 inch side screen is with gages at the helm is legit.

Comment

We ordered our x24 with the triple axle low profile trailer. Can't wait to see it, should be here today or tomorrow. I know it's a bad time of year for a new boat to show up, but that's how it happened. It comes from the factory winterized and I think I'm going to keep it that way until spring.
            "Dentist the Menace"

Comment

If you are kind of between a X22 and X24, have you considered a new X Star. Its right in between in length but has more storage. I think it also might have the best resale value due to the name also.

Comment

Originally posted by CumberlandXstar View Post
                If you are kind of between a X22 and X24, have you considered a new X Star. Its right in between in length but has more storage. I think it also might have the best resale value due to the name also.
                But It doesn't have lounge seats... however does come standard with dual screens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CumberlandXstar View Post
                  The only reason not going with the XStar is the rear lounge seats, I would even entertain an XT22 if it had the rear lounge seating.

I do think the X22 might be the best fit as we only have large groups the odd time and for the couple weeks we spend on holidays. Most of the time its just the 4 of us on the water. I trade every year and kinda let the dealer choose what model to take as they are the ones that will be having to resell it.
                  2019 X22
                  2018 X23
                  2017 X23
                  2016 G23
                  2015 G21
                  2014 Z3
                  2013 Z3
                  2012 Z3
                  2012 RZR

Comment

Originally posted by drx35 View Post
                    We ordered our x24 with the triple axle low profile trailer. Can't wait to see it, should be here today or tomorrow. I know it's a bad time of year for a new boat to show up, but that's how it happened. It comes from the factory winterized and I think I'm going to keep it that way until spring.
                    I will take the under. You gotta splash her before winter. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by JDSalesGuy View Post
                      The only reason not going with the XStar is the rear lounge seats, I would even entertain an XT22 if it had the rear lounge seating.

I do think the X22 might be the best fit as we only have large groups the odd time and for the couple weeks we spend on holidays. Most of the time its just the 4 of us on the water. I trade every year and kinda let the dealer choose what model to take as they are the ones that will be having to resell it.

I would trade mine if the 2019 xStar had the rear lounge seats. Someone please explain to me why they don’t put them on it. If nothing else as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some people like to do stuff on the water besides float. Those loungers don't appeal to some people. I don't like them. I'd rather have Xstar type setup on the X24. Can't make everyone happy I guess. My wife and kids don't like them either, they would rather have flat surface in back.

Comment

Originally posted by wallnut21 View Post
                          Some people like to do stuff on the water besides float. Those loungers don't appeal to some people. I don't like them. I'd rather have Xstar type setup on the X24. Can't make everyone happy I guess. My wife and kids don't like them either, they would rather have flat surface in back.
                          The rear loungers are not just for floating. They are the best seat in the boat while surfing. The legality of riding in them while underway is debatable, but in NC, I've yet to have an issue and have a lot of time surfing over the past 2 summers.

Comment

Originally posted by TarheelMC View Post
                            The rear loungers are not just for floating. They are the best seat in the boat while surfing. The legality of riding in them while underway is debatable, but in NC, I've yet to have an issue and have a lot of time surfing over the past 2 summers.
                            There is really no debating it, it’s illegal lol
                            -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                            https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

I'm definitely one of those that is anti-rear lounge seats. While they are a novelty, I am nervous to use them while underway due to legal issues as well as CO issues. I'm thrilled that the X-star does not have them and miss the storage loss in the rear lockers.

Comment

Working...
                              X