Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next boat?

Hi Team Talk.

I am looking for a new to me Surf/Ski/Wakeboard boat. We surf 50%, Wakeboard 30% and ski 20%. I will be towing it to a lake 5 minutes away 2X per week and up to our cabin, every other weekend. This will be the 1st V-drive my 13yer old and wife learn on. My budget is $45-$75K. We will have the boat for 5 yeas.

We are considering the following boat.

2013-2015 X30
    2015-2017 NXT22
    2013 SAN 230 w/NSS
    2013-2015 LSV 23

Gen2 X30 1000%
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Gen 2 x30 I'm with mc25.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

x3.0 on the X30

See what I did there.
        2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
        2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
        Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
        Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

LSV would be my choice of the ones you listed. The wakeboard wake with the wedge up is great for beginners. Plumb in 1100’s over the hard tanks and put the wedge down and the wake is pro level.

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
            LSV would be my choice of the ones you listed. The wakeboard wake with the wedge up is great for beginners. Plumb in 1100’s over the hard tanks and put the wedge down and the wake is pro level.

I’ve spend a ton of time in a lsv and yes it’s a good boat and yes it can produce a good wake, but I’ll take a X30 over it everyday, and twice on Sundays. Especially with surfing 50% if the time and his budget allowing him to get into a gen2 x30, I think this is a no brainer.
            Last edited by dmbeck; 03-01-2019, 06:58 AM.

Comment

For 75K you might find a 18 NXT22? Solid and like the others listed, with some added weight or large crew, will throw a great wave.
              2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                For 75K you might find a 18 NXT22? Solid and like the others listed, with some added weight or large crew, will throw a great wave.
                Not a bad idea if warranty is a priority. That carries over, right?
                Tim
                2021 Lone Star MasterBash
                Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                1995 MC ProStar 205
                ISO MC 205V/XStar/X2/X1

Comment

Surf wake with the 1100s on the X30 is better than any loaded 23LSV I’ve been on, that’s for sure

Of course you can only see this if you live in AUS
                  Attached Files
                  Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                  Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:
                  2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
                    Not a bad idea if warranty is a priority. That carries over, right?
                    Warranty is transferable from 1 owner but that is it.

I like what MC has done with the nxt22, and for most it is a great way to get into a new boat for significantly less than the x or xt series. Personally I would recomend to anyone looking at these options to spend a lot of time looking at both in person. If you're a person who doens't need all the bells, whistles, and bling then the nxt line is great and will get you in a new boat with a warranty. If warranty isn't as big of a deal and you perfer a boat that's decked out with all the bling that's been well taken care of then the 13-15' X30 is a better choice. If i was in this position I would be looking at a X30 that's been well taken care of, I haven't had many issues with the used boats I've owned so far so warranty isn't as big of an issue to me even though it is awesome when needed. The nxt lines still perform good but they aren't going to touch the surf wave of a x30, and I like having my beer in a cup holder by my hand, not down by my feet.

Not knocking the nxt series but its really a matter of personal preference as to what you want out of your boat. For the OP I would suggest doing your research and spend time looking and demo'ing the nxt22, X30, and LSV before making your decision. I think we can all here agree that those 3 models are the top choices over a SAN.

Comment

When I looked at the new ones at that time I looked at a NXT23 and the XT23 and on the new boat the difference was negligible I know it is a lot of money but for a little more you can find a really good deal on a new one. I don't know if you are paying cash or financing but if financing the difference in the payment will not be that much. If you have cash that is a different story.

But as said definitely look at both or all before. I think I have still seen some 17's around that I bet they would want to move for cheap(relatively speaking of course)

good luck
                      2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

Originally posted by dmbeck View Post
                        I’ve spend a ton of time in a lsv and yes it’s a good boat and yes it can produce a good wake, but I’ll take a X30 over it everyday, and twice on Sundays. Especially with surfing 50% if the time and his budget allowing him to get into a gen2 x30, I think this is a no brainer.
                        You can turn any Vdrive into a decent surf boat with the right amount of weight and surf contraption. Good wakeboarding boat that throws a clean wake at all speeds wether its for a beginner or pro is a different story. That is why I would never buy a boat just for its surf wave.

Comment

X30 for sure!!!!
                          Always Happy.......Never Satisfied

2021 X24

41 Mastercrafts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                            National advertised nxt22 deal right now is $69,995 for a 2019. I'm not sure how equipped that is though.
                            2006 MasterCraft XStar
                            2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                            2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

Thanks BudmanV24.

I just sold a Tige R21 that I purchased new. So I am looking to avoid dealer fees and the $5-7K in sales tax. Lots of people dumping these NXT22's not sure if its to upgrade? Ive also heard you need to slam them to produce a decent surf wave.

Comment

Working...
                              X