Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospective Buyer: 2013 xstar common issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
    Not that it matters or anything....... but just so you are aware, the Ilmor 7.4 is a small block.
    A 7.4 liter is a small block? That would be the biggest small block ever. are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
      A 7.4 liter is a small block? That would be the biggest small block ever. are you sure?
      I think he might be right.

Comment

Here’s something I read on this
        Attached Files
        2019 Xstar

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
          Yessir, it’s an LSX, which is an iron block version of the GenIV LS series small block engines. It was never an available engine in any of the regular GM product line. It is a special block made for racing applications, and can be sized in a bunch of displacements between 360-480 cubic inches.

For what it is worth..... it is a much stronger engine, that performs much better than any big block 454 ever has. The LSX is an awesome platform.

Comment

Showed my coworker who used to be a sponsored rider by MC and Malibu, he thinks it might be a sponsor boat.. if thats the case he advises to definitely not to get it, will find out for sure. Going to lake test it this weekend possibly if the rain holds off.

Comment

Originally posted by brianeissmann View Post
              Showed my coworker who used to be a sponsored rider by MC and Malibu, he thinks it might be a sponsor boat.. if thats the case he advises to definitely not to get it, will find out for sure. Going to lake test it this weekend possibly if the rain holds off.
              Who is your coworker? The launch boat was all black, but with a green interior
              Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
              Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
              For Sale:
              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                They had a black one with an all orange interior too. Never seen one from this generation with an all red interior in any of the promos
                2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                  This the boat you're talking about? https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...834540815.html

Taylor Shaffer. Both he and his brother used to ride for them, only his brother does now I believe. Not sure on his brothers name.

Comment

What do they mean with the 'go surf assist'?

Comment

Originally posted by TimX9 View Post
                      What do they mean with the 'go surf assist'?
                      It was aftermarket surf tabs by GSA instead of the factory GenII tabs.

Comment

I stopped by the other day and checked out the boat the OP is looking at. Seattle MC says they sold and serviced the boat. One owner, stored on a lift on lake Sammamish. It's definitely loaded and a nice boat if you like the colors. It had the "Coy wrap" shown in this thread. Needs some cosmetic work on the swimstep and rear step pads. Too much sun, probably those areas were not covered when stored. No biggie though. Interior looks to be in good shape. They just dropped the price from $89 to $85k. Has GEN2 retrofitted. It's a lot of boat for the money.
                        2008 40th Xstar
                        2006 ProStar 197 - sold
                        1992 Ski Nautique
                        1969 Glastron

Comment

Originally posted by moleson10 View Post
                          I stopped by the other day and checked out the boat the OP is looking at. Seattle MC says they sold and serviced the boat. One owner, stored on a lift on lake Sammamish. It's definitely loaded and a nice boat if you like the colors. It had the "Coy wrap" shown in this thread. Needs some cosmetic work on the swimstep and rear step pads. Too much sun, probably those areas were not covered when stored. No biggie though. Interior looks to be in good shape. They just dropped the price from $89 to $85k. Has GEN2 retrofitted. It's a lot of boat for the money.
                          Yeah it really is. I actually cancelled the test drive as I put an offer in on a house and will know later today, but if that falls through ill be back in the market for this one. So we'll see

Comment

2013 with the 6.2. bought it at 300h now about 400h.. had issue with one of the small screens. fortunately it was replaced under warranty.some of the upholstery is starting to show some wear sign around the stitches.

Comment

Originally posted by M3lelena View Post
                              2013 with the 6.2. bought it at 300h now about 400h.. had issue with one of the small screens. fortunately it was replaced under warranty.some of the upholstery is starting to show some wear sign around the stitches.
                              Ah good to know! The interior in this one is in really really good condition, almost no signs of wear at all.

Comment

Originally posted by M3lelena View Post
                                Hope to not derail the thread, but do you know how much it would have cost to replace a screen out of warranty?

Comment

Working...
                                X