Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actuator issues new Xstar

Hi all
    For the fourth time the actuator is being replaced. It is getting flooded with water. The boat is a xstar 2018. It is under MC investigation the root cause. Anyone facing the same issue?
    Many tks

Are you talking about the actuator for the trim tabs?

Comment

Originally posted by markmcfarland View Post
      Are you talking about the actuator for the trim tabs?
      Yes sorry should put it more clear

Comment

I heard about issues like that with the older actuators ( like from gen 1). But haven’t heard much lately. I think water was the main problem but not sure. 4 in a row seems like more than a bum replacement. Good luck finding the issue.

Comment

Hi TS,

Yeah, the last year the European championchip wakeboarding used a new Xstar for the contest. They replaced 4 actuators in a weekend..

But, when having the same issues with our '14Xstar and other models... and I own a machine shop.. we started last year to engineer a replacement actuator for the trim and surftab's. Because the current actuators used are so so bad in quality and no spareparts available.

The first test actuators are being tested next month on 2 Xstars, XT23 and X2.

You have still the actuators under warranty of course!

Comment

Originally posted by TimX9 View Post
            Hi TS,

Yeah, the last year the European championchip wakeboarding used a new Xstar for the contest. They replaced 4 actuators in a weekend..

But, when having the same issues with our '14Xstar and other models... and I own a machine shop.. we started last year to engineer a replacement actuator for the trim and surftab's. Because the current actuators used are so so bad in quality and no spareparts available.

The first test actuators are being tested next month on 2 Xstars, XT23 and X2.

You have still the actuators under warranty of course!
            Tks for the reply.

Comment

This is a know issue, MC has been working with Lenco and they have just released a new actuator. Your dealer should be able to get these shortly.

Comment

Ya...… Lenco stuff is terrible. If you think we have it bad, consider this- Supra and Moomba have two actuators per tab on their latest system. They are swapping them left and right.

I had to replace one on my 2018 XStar. It didn't fully fail, but was starting to get slow because of water intrusion. I had to replace a couple on my G23s as well. They use the same actuator, with a shorter stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                  Ya...… Lenco stuff is terrible. If you think we have it bad, consider this- Supra and Moomba have two actuators per tab on their latest system. They are swapping them left and right.

I had to replace one on my 2018 XStar. It didn't fully fail, but was starting to get slow because of water intrusion. I had to replace a couple on my G23s as well. They use the same actuator, with a shorter stroke.
                  I have replaced 3 Lenco Actuators on my X23 in the time I have had it. Each time, the actuator would get stuck in the down position and locked up. Luckily they were covered under warranty.

Comment

I recently received a postcard from Mastercraft letting me know that they have replacement parts for my gen 2 surf system and to call my dealer to schedule a service appointment. I'm guessing it is to replace actuators with a new model. Did anyone else receive a notice like this?
                    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                    www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Yes I did. Surprisingly when I called my deal they knew nothing about it. My boat is scheduled to be done with Spring service this weekend, I will post what they did for the service bulletin.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the info. Have to let my Dealer know to get the new ones and replace the old ones before I pick up my new star in mid May.
                        -=MasterCraft All The Way=-
                        sigpic
                        2019 MasterCraft X-Star
                        2017 MasterCraft X23
                        2015 MasterCraft X23
                        2007 MasterCraft X45
                        2009 Malibu WAKESETTER VLX SS
                        2005 MasterCraft X-Star
                        2004 Tige 20v
                        1995 MasterCraft ProStar 190

Comment

I have installed the 'new' model actuator on port side gen2. Now I have differences in the actuatorspeed, so when using autolaunch you almost fall overboard.

Comment

1 failed due to water intrusion.

I replaced all three actuators per guidance from my dealer in August of last year. All were warranty replacements. My dealer was backlogged in their service department so I opted to do the replacement myself. As part of the inspection and replacement process he had me check the wires in the harness inside the transom as well. Another known cause of failure of the actuators. Those who are getting actuators replaced should inquire about this as well.
                            Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
                            SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
                            2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
                            2021 MC XStar Red
                            2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
                            2020 MC XStar Blue
                            2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
                            2020 MC XStar Red/Black
                            2020 MC XT22 Red/black
                            2019 MC XStar Blue/White
                            2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
                            2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by TimX9 View Post
                              I have installed the 'new' model actuator on port side gen2. Now I have differences in the actuatorspeed, so when using autolaunch you almost fall overboard.

Hi,

Do you mind sharing model numbers of your old and new actuators? I believe it’s a 5 digit alphanumeric code stamped into the actuator body (see pic).

Thanks,

TH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X