Will i regret buying an 07 Moomba Mobius Vs. an X2 07-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will i regret buying an 07 Moomba Mobius Vs. an X2 07-09

I have been looking to make my first purchase on a boat this spring and have been looking hard to find an X2 in the 07-09 range around 35-40k. I have also been pretty picky and haven't found exactly what I am looking for or if its is its the wrong colors. Recently a 2007 Moomba mobius LSV came up with everything I was looking for at a price of 30k. If I went with the mobius would I regret not holding out for an X2. Is there a ton of difference in wake performance between the boats?

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=99257

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jpage View Post
      That's a great looking boat just has a lot more hours that what I am looking for.

Comment

Boy loaded question. Is the moomba a good deal? Like have you shopped similar models and pricing. Sounds like you know what a good deal on a x2 is. But that’s a different quality level then the mastercraft. So the moomba May be cheaper but that because it’s a moomba. Maybe not. Do you you surf? The x2 is a lighter picklefork boat which will take some work to get a surf wave out of it. The moomba because it’s a regular style bow will probably lean and make a better wave. As for the wake board wave. I’m sure they both have a average wakeboard wave. What are the hours? Engine size?
        2019 Xstar

Comment

The resale and how the boat will age would be my only concerns. Moomba is an entry level boat. It is built as such and resale will be as such. As long as you're good with that going in and have expectations in line with what you're buying I don't see an issue.

Comment

I know a guy that has a well taken care of lsv thats probably similar year to what you are looking at, he used to try to trade me straight up for my prostar 205 constantly. He didn't have much good to say about the moomba, mostly just build and overall quality issues. If the $5k is a huge factor then go with your gut, but if it was me there's no way i'd go for any moomba over a MC, the quality just isn't there. Also like mentioned above, resale is going to be stronger with the MC, these 10 yr old x2's and x15's are selling for probably $20k less than what they were bought new, $2k depreciation over 10 years isn't bad at all, especially since most of that hit was up front and they have leveled to where they aren't depreciating much at all in the past 3-5 years.

Comment

I have had both...X2 is in a different league (quality, performance, wake, comfort, ride, etc) not comparable to the lsv. Pay more and get an X2.

Comment

Originally posted by dmbeck View Post
                I know a guy that has a well taken care of lsv thats probably similar year to what you are looking at, he used to try to trade me straight up for my prostar 205 constantly. He didn't have much good to say about the moomba, mostly just build and overall quality issues. If the $5k is a huge factor then go with your gut, but if it was me there's no way i'd go for any moomba over a MC, the quality just isn't there. Also like mentioned above, resale is going to be stronger with the MC, these 10 yr old x2's and x15's are selling for probably $20k less than what they were bought new, $2k depreciation over 10 years isn't bad at all, especially since most of that hit was up front and they have leveled to where they aren't depreciating much at all in the past 3-5 years.
                I know its a lesser quality but really they haven't depreciated much if you consider that brand new they were only 39k and now most 2007's are listed in the 28-32k range. I have done a ton of research on both boats and although the LSV is a bigger boat they seam to be fairly similar in wake performance from what I hear. Just wanted to get thoughts from anyone who had been in both boats much.

Comment

Originally posted by ProRMK View Post
                  I have had both...X2 is in a different league (quality, performance, wake, comfort, ride, etc) not comparable to the lsv. Pay more and get an X2.
                  What year of boats did you have? What was the difference in wake performance surfing and wakeboarding?

Comment

Originally posted by jpage View Post
                    Beat me to it. I would not be 1 bit concerned about the hours on this boat. Sell you my 210 for $35k so I can turn around and by this X2!
                    13 Super Air Nautique 230
                    03 Super Air Nautique TE 210 - Sold
                    88 Mastercraft TriStar 220 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dhanni848 View Post
                      Beat me to it. I would not be 1 bit concerned about the hours on this boat.

I was tempted to sell my X2 and buy this one and pocket a few K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dwalt406 View Post
                        That's a great looking boat just has a lot more hours that what I am looking for.
                        900 is nothing. I just bought a 197 last year w/ 850 on the ticker....
                        2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                        "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                        Taxation = Theft

Comment

When you go to resell the Moomba, you will absolutely have some regrets on the lost value. How well they hold up on the interim is not something that I can speak to.

Comment

IMO, a boat that has a lot of hours and has been well cared for is better than a boat with low hours and neglected. Not saying the Moomba is trashed, just saying that the X2 is totally fine if you maintain it. Also, I’ve been on both and the X2 is WAY nicer. Better quality, smoother ride, quieter, etc. Am I bias towards MC? Of course!
                            -Tolman
                            '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                            '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

I would rather ride around in my rubber blow up boat than a Moomba. Get the X2

Comment

Working...
                              X