Norris Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norris Lake

We've been counting the days until we can get back to Norris Lake since our first visit this past September. Are the holiday weekends super busy or are you able to spread out enough with the vast size of the lake?

Thanks!
    2018 NXT22
    2004 X2

Norris is the only lake that we have boated on so I can't say how it compares to others but from my experience it gets fairly busy in the afternoons. We try and go earlier on holiday weekends so that we are off the water before it starts getting busy. I would say that there is plenty of room for finding a cove to hang out in or surfing but don't expect any kind of smooth water for skiing or wakeboarding.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewX2 View Post
      We've been counting the days until we can get back to Norris Lake since our first visit this past September. Are the holiday weekends super busy or are you able to spread out enough with the vast size of the lake?

Thanks!
      Its my home lake. Plenty of room and you can generally find calm water, however, on holidays, you may want to go early as traffic gets pretty crazy in the afternoons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      “A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.”.....but it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

That is a great picture, Bwag!

Comment

Originally posted by Pno02 View Post
          That is a great picture, Bwag!
          Pno02,
          Thanks but credit goes to another Deerfield resident close to us. Love the lake!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          “A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.”.....but it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

If your going for smooth water, pick any other than the 3 big holiday weekends. You can still do water sports on holiday weekends, but the whole reason for going to a place like Norris is so that you can get smooth water right off the dock.

Comment

We are going down the weekend after July 4. Can't wait.

Comment

I've been told that the week after the 4th can be great.

Heading out to West Branch this weekend
                2018 NXT22
                2004 X2

Comment

Love Norris, been going for 30+ years.

Comment

Have they figured out the snake, alligator, bear, iceberg, and unruly marina attendants issues?

I will go down in a few weeks and provide a full report.

[emoji2958]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                    Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                    1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                    Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                    "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

Super busy now every day and polluted. I hear Lake Cumberland is the best...glass water all day every day

Comment

Originally posted by Prostar19 View Post
                        Super busy now every day and polluted. I hear Lake Cumberland is the best...glass water all day every day
                        And Snakes, lots of Snakes!! We actually started naming them.
                        If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                        1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                        X