Speaker buzz - help pls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker buzz - help pls!

I’ve got a 2017 xt23 with two 4x800 amps and 2 8.8 and 2 7.7 speakers on the tower. All tower speakers have a constant low buzz with Fusion 755 head unit on. Took it to dealer last week, said it was a loose connection and they fixed it... nope. Still there today. Very disappointed. Any suggestions? Buzz does not increase with RPMs and I only hear it if volume is really low on music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are all the tower speakers powered by the same amp?

Comment

This is typically caused by a loos ground. Check where your amps are grounded.. If they go to your battery terminal, confirm the battery cable has a good connection as well.

Comment

Turn the music up.
          2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Originally posted by RTPx30 View Post
            I’ve got a 2017 xt23 with two 4x800 amps and 2 8.8 and 2 7.7 speakers on the tower. All tower speakers have a constant low buzz with Fusion 755 head unit on. Took it to dealer last week, said it was a loose connection and they fixed it... nope. Still there today. Very disappointed. Any suggestions? Buzz does not increase with RPMs and I only hear it if volume is really low on music.

If the photo is your amplifiers, I have to wonder why all of the filter frequency controls are set the same and the input sensitivity pots are in the same position- if they're maxed, it's no wonder you have noise. Why is the filter frequency set the same on all of the controls?

If the input sensitivity controls are set incorrectly, you can cause noise- these are often called 'gain controls', but that's incorrect- the gain can't be changed.

BTW- the input sensitivity controls should ONLY be turned up to max if the output level of the head unit is extremely low and I seriously doubt this is the case in your system. Generally, they will be closer to 12:00 or 1:00 but the procedure in the link will get you the best output without distortion, as long as it is done correctly.

Here's the link for their input setting procedure- it's in Appendix A, page 14.

Setting the crossovers should be done with a Real Time Analyzer app on a smart phone. I use the one from Dynaudio- it's free and more accurate than many I have tried. 80Hz across the board matches the photos on JL's site, but that doesn't mean the amp in the photos has ever been used in a system.

Comment

Thanks for the info and links. I’ll go through the setup and see if it makes a difference. Much appreciated!

Comment

Thanks for the info and links. I’ll go through the setup and see if it makes a difference. Much appreciated!

Hiss and buzz aren't normal for a system that's working properly. It's doing this when the engine is off, right? Is the key in the ON position and are the dash instruments powered? If this is the case, shut off the instruments and listen- if the noise stops, it may be necessary to re-route the audio cables, assuming the level controls have been set properly beforehand.

Comment

Correct, it is making the light buzz when engine is on or off. I’ll try proper setup Friday and let you know if fixed.

Comment

Correct, it is making the light buzz when engine is on or off. I’ll try proper setup Friday and let you know if fixed.

Put a piece of masking tape next to the level controls and mark their position with a pencil before starting- that way, if they happen to have been set properly, you can return them to their original position. I think they're set too high, though- a lot of people think that they won't get all of the power if they don't jack up the controls and that's just not true.

Comment

Working...
                    X