Beginner Wakerboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Wakerboard?

I’m 6’2” and 235ish, so I’m looking I’m the 144 range.

Looking at the Ronix Vault and Hyperlite State 2.0..

Any of you guys ride either of these or have a different suggestion?

Originally posted by BellyUpFish View Post
    I’m 6’2” and 235ish, so I’m looking I’m the 144 range.

Looking at the Ronix Vault and Hyperlite State 2.0..

Any of you guys ride either of these or have a different suggestion?
    I have the Hyperlite state 2.0 and am happy with the board so far. I too am a beginner and began by using a couple other boards that a friend of mine had (couldnt tell you what they were off of the top of my head) and I much prefer the state 2.0 for my ability. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the Ronix board but someone may be able to..

Comment

I had an original state back a long time ago and loved it. One of my all time favorites. It had a ton of pop, but was a little bouncy in rough water. I got to ride my new HL Franchise for the first time this past weekend, and it seems to have a similar feel. Evo is having a sale right now on the state 2.0/team x package.
      2006 MasterCraft XStar
      2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
      2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

Hyper light baseline has been good for me. Nice and big to get the big guys up quick.

Comment

+1 for State. Good board for price point and my bindings have held up for 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
            Hyper light baseline has been good for me. Nice and big to get the big guys up quick.
            I think right now it's between the State and the Baseline..

Comment

I rode an original State until last year when I upgraded to a Relapse. I still carry it on the boat as a guest board. I consider it a good beginner board. It stays locked in with the bottom features and center fins, almost too much so once you start trying to break it free. As others have said it has plenty of pop if that is what you are looking for. I have not ridden a Baseline but would bet it carves quicker than the State. I really noticed how slow my State was after riding the Relapse.

Comment

I've been a beginner for several years now I can only do a few basic tricks but I really enjoy it. My advice is to be careful which boots you choose. I have several friends much younger than I am who gave up the sport due to injury. I blame modern boots. They are tall, stiff and don't release. When you catch an edge or land wrong you can get concussions, broken ribs or torn ligaments.

I recommend a low open toe flexible boot with stretch laces. That's what I've been using and I come out of my boots when I crash, like with a waterski binding. Worst injury was a broken ear drum. I don't really feel like I'm held back by the boots. Heck back in the day Darin Shapiro could do back flips with bindings that looked like sandals.
                2008 40th Xstar
                2006 ProStar 197 - sold
                1992 Ski Nautique
                1969 Glastron

Comment

I like the ronix district for beginners. It has a soft roundish edge that is forgiving so you won’t faceplant as easily on landings.

Comment

Working...
                  X