No announcement yet.

Large Gas Can/Caddy Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought about the same thing but that big caddy still has to get in and out of the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
      Thought about the same thing but that big caddy still has to get in and out of the truck.
      I don't have to load in a truck.

Comment

20 gal is approx 140 lbs right? Do you have smooth level path from your tank to dock? That’s a decent weight move around if your back is bad. Although not having to lift in / out of truck would make it interesting.
        4.5 gal in the 5 gal can isn’t too bad / heavy.
        I’d see how much gas you actually burn first, since you have ski boat vs wake barge.

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
          I have a cart that holds the caddy. The cart loads into a hitch receiver and has a built in ramp.

I haven't used it yet because I picked it up late last season.

I can post some pics if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
            I have a cart that holds the caddy. The cart loads into a hitch receiver and has a built in ramp.

I haven't used it yet because I picked it up late last season.

I can post some pics if anyone is interested.

Yes please post pics when you can. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 - 5gal VP Racing jugs and flexible pour spouts.

Carrying them down to the dock and into/out of the truck helps build a strong slalom grip.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
              Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

This is the best setup I've found.

https://flofast.com/product/flo-fast...gallon-system/

Loading and unloading 15 gallons is about 95lbs, but since you are just going right to the cart it's not that bad. My seven year old daughter can empty the can with the hand pump in about 6 minutes. Faster and beats wrestling with race cans of you are needing more than 10 gallons.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
                  Burner, lol, people like that are enough to p!ss a guy off. I have several of them in my life (mostly state inspectors and the d bags at the Brown Bear car wash that won't let me take my truck with a diesel slip tank through the car wash anymore).

What would that ole bat have done if you told her you were going to shove the fuel nozzle up her ____ if she didn't back off?
                  Have you arrested for filling your gas jug at Costco??
                  Some people....
                  Lol old thread and this must have been a drunk post!
                  Wonder what day of the week it was!!
                  '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post
                    2 - 5gal VP Racing jugs and flexible pour spouts.

Carrying them down to the dock and into/out of the truck helps build a strong slalom grip.

this times about 100, but for me i go with the generic ones if you have a rural king near by theirs are basically the same but only $20 each.

whatever you go with stay away from the flow n'go jugs with wheels. My sister had one of those and it was the worst thing ever. never stopped leaking, you always had to have it higher than the tank because gravity fed. it just sucked.

Comment

Fill 5 gallon cans and then use this funnel.

http://www.gas-link.com/
                      2004 Prostar 197 TT LQ9(sold)
                      2008 40th Anniversary Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketboy View Post
                        I have a fuel barrel in the back yard. Today I carry the cans around. I was thinking of a 25 gallon caddy so I could just fill and wheel onto the dock and fill the boat. I have a bad back and holding those cans sucks for me.

The one with the hand pump- how long to pump 20 gallons?
                        No one show you the squeeze the can trick?

Comment

Originally posted by h_2_o View Post
                          this times about 100, but for me i go with the generic ones if you have a rural king near by theirs are basically the same but only $20 each.

whatever you go with stay away from the flow n'go jugs with wheels. My sister had one of those and it was the worst thing ever. never stopped leaking, you always had to have it higher than the tank because gravity fed. it just sucked.
                          Tractor Supply sells really nice dump jugs with flex hoses, too

Everyone Dies, but not everyone lives

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843

Comment

Originally posted by MIskiboat View Post
                            20 gal is approx 140 lbs right? Do you have smooth level path from your tank to dock? That’s a decent weight move around if your back is bad. Although not having to lift in / out of truck would make it interesting.
                            I’d see how much gas you actually burn first, since you have ski boat vs wake barge.
                            Yes it is grass all the way to the dock. ramp with a very little slope down to the dock.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by MIskiboat View Post
                              Yes it is grass all the way to the dock. ramp with a very little slope down to the dock.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

I use a Flo-n-Go, which holds 14 gallons and is on wheels. I took the worthless handle pump off, and use a siphon shaker and it works great. I also have six 5 gallon jugs that I also use for the boat and the jet-ski's.

First thing I do when I get to the cabin is load up the above cans, and run to the gas station and fill up....this is usually enough to last all weekend.

If money isn't a concern -- Gas Dingo is the answer...

http://gasdingo.com
                                Last edited by Eckie; 02-24-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X