Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tookeymonster
    replied
    When did you put the fuel stabilizer in? Did you run it for a bit and did you get it mixed up really good in your fuel? Also best practice is to fill your tank all the way with gas, condensation can and will build up putting more water in your fuel than a stabilizer can protect from.

Even if your engine starts I would still test battery. How old is it. Also its best practice to top it off a couple times over the winter when its disconnected from the boat to extend the battery's life. Even if the battery is no bad a weak older one can cause issues.

Leave a comment:

• NewName
    replied
    Inside the cover are the markings for each fuse and relay

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Any codes?

Leave a comment:

• jgraham37128
    replied
    Originally posted by kyfooter View Post
    Solution - Relay fuse on back of engine was bad. Posting in case others run into this issue. Very easy fix. Pull the black box cover off the engine near the distributor cap and there are 5 relay fuses within.
    More details? A buddy is doing the same thing? Which of the five is it? Pictures?

Leave a comment:

• JimN
    replied
    Originally posted by kyfooter View Post
    Can a low battery send a boat into limp mode?

I searched the forum and it appears that has been the culprit on a few threads. Wouldn't seem so to me, as once the engine is running the alternator takes over, but figured I would ask.

I did leave the battery in the boat during offseason and I have not charged it. However, the engine is firing right up.
    A bad battery can cause a lot of problems. Have it load tested.

Leave a comment:

• mrhodes12
    replied
    What year and model was this, I am having similar issue with 2019 nxt with 5.7? Do you have a picture of the black box?

Leave a comment:

• kyfooter
    replied
    Solution - Relay fuse on back of engine was bad. Posting in case others run into this issue. Very easy fix. Pull the black box cover off the engine near the distributor cap and there are 5 relay fuses within.

Leave a comment:

• kyfooter
    replied
    What about relay switches?

Leave a comment:

• Elberoth
    replied
    With the engine (and alternator) running, your stereo should see a steady 14.4V, even if the battery was low.

Leave a comment:

• kyfooter
    replied
    Can a low battery send a boat into limp mode?

I searched the forum and it appears that has been the culprit on a few threads. Wouldn't seem so to me, as once the engine is running the alternator takes over, but figured I would ask.

I did leave the battery in the boat during offseason and I have not charged it. However, the engine is firing right up.

Leave a comment:

• kyfooter
    replied
    Latest is I can keep the engine running if I move the throttle to about 50% throttle. Note that the engine is still not responding (revving) but it will stay running at about 1,600 rpm. As soon as I pull back to neutral, the engine shuts off.

On separate note, but perhaps related, my stereo will not power up.

I did check the ignition switch and it is working properly.

Leave a comment:

• NewName
    replied
    Ilmor 5.7 starts, revs, then dies

You could also try to remove one spark plug cable and putanother plug outside to see if ignition is working fine or maybe collapse after few seconds.
    Like I said before, you have air, fuel u checked, now move to ignition.
    MaYbe humidity inside the distributor ?
    Did u try to disconnect the throttle plate do get the engine to emergency mode ?

Leave a comment:

• kyfooter
    replied
    Engine is getting fuel and the pressure seems to be holding fine. Over 50 lbs of fuel pressure when priming and while running.

Removed knock sensors and they had no impact on engine starting nor did they stop whatever is causing the engine to turn off.

Leave a comment:

• kyfooter
    replied
    Yes, knock sensors were removed to drain block, but then replaced and the engine ran again as I sucked up antifreeze and fogged the engine. Same process for over 20 years.

Last step was removing all spark plugs, fogging, then removed coil wire to turn engine over a few times to lubricate the fogging oil.

Gas tank was 3/4 full with stabilizer.

Leave a comment:

• NewName
    replied
    Ilmor 5.7 starts, revs, then dies

It depends what you did for winterizing, normally u remove the knock sensors.
    That’s why I said check them. Besides that I would bet on fuel. Either pump is clogged or your fuel went pretty bad! How much did u had inside before winterizing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X