$80k budget, surf focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $80k budget, surf focus

After buying our X2 at the beginning of the year and putting 65hours on it so far, we are contemplating buying a newer boat with Gen 2. When we originally bought the boat I wanted something that could still ski as that’s what I grew up with, but with a 2hr drive to the lake and a toddler we aren’t ever really able to be on the water when it’s nice.

The things I dislike about the X2 is the time to setup and all the work spent trying to dial in a wave. We also lose all our storage with the bags and it rides like a brick when the lake is rough. We don’t really need a bigger boat as we typically only have the 3 of us, but a wider boat would be nice to give my son some more room to roam.

So, all of that being said, what would you guys recommend to possibly replace it? Criteria are to have gen 2, fast fill times, better rough water ride, either more storage space or no requirement for bags, possible larger binimi to better shade when the monster is sleeping. Finally, it needs to have good resale as we may have to get rid of it in 2 years when we move again.

So far, this is what we’re thinking, but want to hear from everyone else.
    -X20
    -X30
    -2020 NXT22

2017 XT series. 21 ft seems about right according to your requirements. Also the X10.
    Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
    SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
    2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
    2021 MC XStar Red
    2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
    2020 MC XStar Blue
    2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
    2020 MC XStar Red/Black
    2020 MC XT22 Red/black
    2019 MC XStar Blue/White
    2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
    2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

X20 is what you want.
      Recently discontinued so great deals out there. Not a new replacement that makes it obsolete so no reason you can't resell for what you buy for.
      20' size is the big draw back for many but I love it and sounds like works for you.
      Deep V hull is great in rough water. Feels really safe even in really big wakes and wind.
      Surf wave stock is as good or better than anything out there, although longer boat will give you a longer wave. You will not find a bigger or nicer stock wave for $80K (I did a pretty thorough review last summer)
      Binimi covers entire seating area which it doesn't on larger boats.
      Tons of storage for a 20 footer.

Comment

I got a leftover 2018 XT22 this year for not much more than your budget. I know a shop that has a few left and I’m sure you can get a great deal on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
          I got a leftover 2018 XT22 this year for not much more than your budget. I know a shop that has a few left and I’m sure you can get a great deal on one.
          How does the surf wave compare to the X boats?

Comment

buy a twin screw tolly craft1 /4 the money and way more reliable

Comment

Xt22 and xt22 along with a 18-19 nxt22 with the zft 2 tower should all be in your range.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

2015-16 x30
                2015-16 x10
                2017 xt23

My personal thought is to stay away from the x20 unless there are smaller lakes around.

I had a ‘14 and ‘15 x10. They were my favorite boats until I got my x22. The surf waves on the x10 and x30 are so so nice if you throw in the larger 820 lb wake maker bags.

Many say the xt23 is one of the most underrated surf boats.

All these cross over slalom we’ll too.

Comment

Originally posted by LostDriver669 View Post
                  How does the surf wave compare to the X boats?

I haven’t ridden behind a new X22 or X24 yet. I’ve been behind an 2018 X23 though with 400 lbs lead and it doesn’t have as much push and height as my XT22 with 800 lbs lead. Maybe it needs more weight but I wasn’t impressed. We demo a XT23 and it was as clean or big as the XT22. Even the dealer was surprised.

Comment

I've had two trouble free seasons from an NXT 22. You have to add bigger bags (maybe not on the '20 model) but it is a reliable boat and surfs great. Unpopular opinion I know but consider it.

Comment

$80k budget, surf focus

Originally posted by XC500mod View Post
                      2015-16 x30

2015-16 x10

2017 xt23

My personal thought is to stay away from the x20 unless there are smaller lakes around.

I had a ‘14 and ‘15 x10. They were my favorite boats until I got my x22. The surf waves on the x10 and x30 are so so nice if you throw in the larger 820 lb wake maker bags.

Many say the xt23 is one of the most underrated surf boats.

All these cross over slalom we’ll too.
                      +1 to the ‘14-‘16 X10 & X30. Both rec ski nicely as well. They are a bit sleeker than today’s boats which have gotten taller, heavier, longer but are easier to displace with less ballast for great surf waves.

Surf X10 with 820lb bags:

Surf X30 with 1100lb bags:

Last edited by moosehead; 07-21-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

If you could come up with a ew more Gs, I’ll sell you our 16 X30 with 170 hours
                        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:
                        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                          That boat surfs.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                            Been thinking about it. I was planning on reaching out to you at some point anyways to see if you would mind pulling me for some gas money.

That’s getting close to X23 money. Curious on what your opinion is on the 30vs23?

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                              +1 to the ‘14-‘16 X10 & X30. Both rec ski nicely as well. They are a bit sleeker than today’s boats which have gotten taller, heavier, longer but are easier to displace with less ballast for great surf waves.

Surf X10 with 820lb bags:

Surf X30 with 1100lb bags:

I’m a big fan of the traditional bow, but I think the extra room of the pickle bow would help offset the smaller back pad of the newer boats. The wife also prefers sitting up front when riding. Regardless, those surf waves look great. With those bags, are you losing all the rear storage?

Comment

Working...
                              X