Best LED underwater lights to use with factory wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best LED underwater lights to use with factory wiring

I want to add underwater lights to my 2018 X23.
    it is prewired and don't feel like having to wire up relays etc.
    What is the best plug and play option for LED lighting that uses factory wiring

I went with Lumitec Seablaze X (blue/white), Bought them on amazon and my boat was pre-wired with switch in place already. They work really well so far and are pretty dang bright although a lot of lakes around me are chocolate milk with all the rain we've had this year.. Install was easy and I used 3M 5200.. Wish I would have used the 4200 because I hear the 5200 is really hard to remove if I ever have to replace them. I went with the lumitec cause they have pre set modes/colors with simple on/off flicks of the switch instead of installing a controller. I've only had them on since spring and like them so far. No experience with other brands. Hope this helps.

Comment

I have installed Loomis LED lights on a few boats now with great results. The loomis LED lights are not the fanciest out on the market - they have a gray plastic housing and don't look super cool, no color changes or anything like that - but - if you are looking for lots of light output and concerned about price, they are the most bang for your buck that I have seen. They have overheat protection too, so you won't destroy them if you accidentally leave them on while out of the water.

7,200 lumens per light, 2x lights for $400

compare that to the Seablaze X2, which is like $550 per light with 6200 lumens
      The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Subscribing to this as I plan to add UW Lights soon.

Side note not meant to derail, can someone advise if the circuit is already hot? I know for the Spkr Light Rings it wasn't and you had to get power to it.
        2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
          Subscribing to this as I plan to add UW Lights soon.

Side note not meant to derail, can someone advise if the circuit is already hot? I know for the Spkr Light Rings it wasn't and you had to get power to it.
          Yes, mine was from the factory hot, flip the switch and 12v. All I had to do was crimp connector that was already installed and heat shrink. Very easy hookup. Hardest part was drilling holes below the water line

Comment

Calvin did an awesome write up here
            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by rainman421 View Post
              Yes, mine was from the factory hot, flip the switch and 12v. All I had to do was crimp connector that was already installed and heat shrink. Very easy hookup. Hardest part was drilling holes below the water line
              Did you do this yourself? Will it void warranty?
              2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
              Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

I did seablaze x2 rgb on mine. I used the factory wiring for trigger switch and ground then ran power wire with fuse to battery. Works perfectly and I get all the colors. Stupid bright is an understatement. They light up the water beside the driver when on plane. I have a video but need to host it somewhere to link it here but this is a still shot of a color. So bright the camera can’t absorb it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
                  I did seablaze x2 rgb on mine. I used the factory wiring for trigger switch and ground then ran power wire with fuse to battery. Works perfectly and I get all the colors. Stupid bright is an understatement. They light up the water beside the driver when on plane. I have a video but need to host it somewhere to link it here but this is a still shot of a color. So bright the camera can’t absorb it.
                  How clear is your water? I'm debating adding 4 because our home lake isn't the clearest. Not interested in melting the factory wiring though.

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                    Did you do this yourself? Will it void warranty?
                    Honestly I don't know if it will void the warranty. My boat is just out of warranty now.. I did it myself. I recommend if you do it yourself use a center drill to start your holes to avoid chipping gel coat, and drill small and work your way up until the screw will fit tight but not tight enough to break it.

Comment

If you’ve got the time and want to know some in depth comparison look at my review I did

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...d.php?t=100898

If you want easy plug and play lumitec seablazex2 spectrum or blue/white is the way to go. As Wakejunkie said he did run power and ground direct to battery and use pre wired switch on the trigger wire. Biggest thing in the seablazex2. They get extremely hot. Not sure howd they do on plane out of water for a long time but I believe they have a thermal sensor so it would limit power before destroying anything.

If you want control. Look at lumishore. Email [email protected] to get hooked up with a dealer

I ended up with 4 lumishore smx153. Here’s a quick pic on blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have Bluefin piranha under the xstar. I really love them!

Comment

Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
                          How clear is your water? I'm debating adding 4 because our home lake isn't the clearest. Not interested in melting the factory wiring though.

It’s really clear. I can see 10’ down at the lights about probably 15-20’ behind the boat. If you ran 4 lights you wouldn’t need to worry about melting the factory wiring because you will use the red wire as a trigger to the orange wire on light and black for ground. The red wire from the light will be fused direct to the battery.

As Calvin mentioned it was super easy to wire up. They do get warm but stated on their packaging that you can run them out of the water indefinitely. I have used mine on plane for 30-40 minutes straight without any issues of overheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakejunkie View Post
                            It’s really clear. I can see 10’ down at the lights about probably 15-20’ behind the boat. If you ran 4 lights you wouldn’t need to worry about melting the factory wiring because you will use the red wire as a trigger to the orange wire on light and black for ground. The red wire from the light will be fused direct to the battery.

As Calvin mentioned it was super easy to wire up. They do get warm but stated on their packaging that you can run them out of the water indefinitely. I have used mine on plane for 30-40 minutes straight without any issues of overheating.
                            Our lake water sucks, so I think I'll need 4. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rainman421 View Post
                              I went with Lumitec Seablaze X (blue/white), Bought them on amazon and my boat was pre-wired with switch in place already. They work really well so far and are pretty dang bright although a lot of lakes around me are chocolate milk with all the rain we've had this year.. Install was easy and I used 3M 5200.. Wish I would have used the 4200 because I hear the 5200 is really hard to remove if I ever have to replace them. I went with the lumitec cause they have pre set modes/colors with simple on/off flicks of the switch instead of installing a controller. I've only had them on since spring and like them so far. No experience with other brands. Hope this helps.
                              Keep watching Lumitec- they have a controller and app called Poco that will be released to retail soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X