14-16 X30 differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14-16 X30 differences?

As the title says, looking at what the differences are in those years. Tried searching on here but couldn’t find much on the newer model, only the earlier X30s.

Not a whole lot. Gel schemes, vinyl and in 16 they got the new captains chair. Some small stereo options, like the high powered option that gets you the two subs. One 8.8 in the bow and one 10” behind the drivers seat. The sea deck on the walk through changed when the logo changed from the big X30 to the smaller raised lettering.
    Last edited by MC25; 07-29-2019, 09:37 AM.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Yep, Aric is an X30 model pro and has it detailed out above. All those years are awesome boats, however be aware there could be a rare early '14 model out there without the Gen 2 surf system.

Those rare '14 boats can be upgraded to the Gen 2 system (highly recommended) but at a substantial cost. So if you find one you like, it's still a great boat, just be sure you figure that into you buying offer.
      XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
      SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
      SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
      SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

Yep. Early ‘14 models were not Gen2. Hull is the same but pre ‘14 hull is slightly different in back. ‘16 models are also GDI if you opt up from the base 5.7. My friends GDI 6.2 has noticeably more power off idle than my non GDI 6.2
        There may be better ways to relax than being on a boat...I just haven't found one yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SS LS1 View Post
          Yep, Aric is an X30 model pro and has it detailed out above. All those years are awesome boats, however be aware there could be a rare early '14 model out there without the Gen 2 surf system.

Those rare '14 boats can be upgraded to the Gen 2 system (highly recommended) but at a substantial cost. So if you find one you like, it's still a great boat, just be sure you figure that into you buying offer.
          Came to that horrible realization the other day. 14 boat w/ 6.0 and super low hours for $70k. Looked at the stern pictures and did a few double takes before realizing it didn’t have gen 2. 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

I think it costs about $5,000 to add gen 2.

get him down to 65k and you got yourself a sweet boat

Comment

Originally posted by Maxirat427 View Post
              Yep. Early ‘14 models were not Gen2. Hull is the same but pre ‘14 hull is slightly different in back. ‘16 models are also GDI if you opt up from the base 5.7. My friends GDI 6.2 has noticeably more power off idle than my non GDI 6.2
              I don't think all '16's were GDI, ours is not.
              2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
                I don't think all '16's were GDI, ours is not.
                GDI never made it to a 16, that was new for 17.
                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                  GDI never made it to a 16, that was new for 17.
                  And I believe it was only on certain motors - I believe the 5.7 stayed MPI.
                  The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

5.7 is still MPI. Only the new LT series engines from GM are GDI. I thought MasterCraft had those available in the ‘16 model. GM switched over in ‘15.
                    There may be better ways to relax than being on a boat...I just haven't found one yet!

Comment

5.7 is still MPI. Only the new LT series engines from GM are GDI. I thought MasterCraft had those available in the ‘16 model. GM switched over in ‘15.
                      Would that only be the 6.2l for the X30?

The 6.0 that I’ve seen look like the MPI version.

Comment

Originally posted by LostDriver669 View Post
                        Would that only be the 6.2l for the X30?

The 6.0 that I’ve seen look like the MPI version.
                        GM doesn’t make a 6.0 GDI so none of them would be. Ilmor had a 6.0 and 6.2 MV8 in MasterCraft boats before MasterCraft got their own line of engines with Ilmor. So I’m not sure if the 6.2 in a ‘16 model would be MPI or GDI. I thought ‘16 was the changeover year but if the 6.0 was still available then it probably was not. The MV8 series engines are still available from Ilmor even though MasterCraft uses the GDI engines.

Comment

Just saw a ‘16 with a 6.2 and it is not GDI so ‘17 was the changeover year. Seriously doubt MasterCraft did a powerplant change mid year so I doubt any ‘16 boats had GDI. That would mean no X30s have GDI.

Comment

15 and 16 are also going to have some warranty left from original Owner.
                            15 + got a nice spring to hold the cooler bench open.
                            If warranty means little , a 14 is fine if well optioned
                            sigpic
                            2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                            2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                            2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                            2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                            2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                            2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                            2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                            2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                            2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Just saw a ‘16 with a 6.2 and it is not GDI so ‘17 was the changeover year. Seriously doubt MasterCraft did a powerplant change mid year so I doubt any ‘16 boats had GDI. That would mean no X30s have GDI.
                              Gotcha. I stumbled on a 14 w the 6.2 but it looks like closed cooling and I thought I had seen somewhere that meant it was GDI. Would be nice to save some fuel cost. That is by far the most expensive part of the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X