X24 dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X24 dead

Reposting this in the general forum to see if I get more response, I'm not sure how to move the original post from the electrical section.

My dealer is closed on Mondays so I'm still looking for any things to try.

Boated all day Saturday everything normal.

Sunday fired it up pulled along side dock to load up again all normal. Shut it off to load up and now it's all dead. No screen life on either battery all breakers are set. Meter shows battery voltage through the battery selector switch and on the bus behind the panel. I can hear a relay pull in somewhere above the batteries when we turn on the battery switch. But neither screen lights up and no engine start at all.

All circuit breakers in control panel appear normal.

I isolated each battery one at a time to eliminate a dead short in battery.

I charged both batteries to 100% and still no change.

Anyone had similar issues? Any hidden fuses or circuit breakers?

Thanks
    Chuck

Try kill switch? Safety lanyard might have come off or not making good contact. Wiggle it.

Comment

I've tried it a dozen times.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the screens light up with or without the kill switch in place. I have no screen life at all.

Thanks
      Chuck

Comment

voltage sensing relay?
        The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Any way to troubleshoot it?

Thanks
          Chuck

Comment

Check the grounding block and check the nuts on the starter.

Comment

Checked all ground bars, everything tight, no corrosion.

Checked connections on starter

Checked kill switch - removed side panel and verified that kill switch was making when installed.

I would like to check the switch. Anyone know how to troubleshoot it? It appears to have 5 wires connected to it.

Hopeful my dealer will be able to send out a tech soon.

Thanks
              Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Waterbucket1 View Post
                I've tried it a dozen times.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the screens light up with or without the kill switch in place. I have no screen life at all.

Thanks

Chuck

My 13 xstar turns the screens off when the kill switch is pulled. I accidentally pulled it weekend before last.

Comment

neutral safety switch?

Comment

Have you tried bumping it in and out of gear?
                    2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Yes, I've tried that. I think dash should illuminate even if neutral switch is bad or out of adjustment.

Thanks
                      Chuck

Comment

Maybe a loose connection behind the screens that could be driving the screens to not turn on?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hyman989 View Post
                          Maybe a loose connection behind the screens that could be driving the screens to not turn on?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                          Bad connection on both screens at same time unlikely. Mine had a bad connection on the main touchscreen and the boat would still start.
                          The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Originally posted by Waterbucket1 View Post
                            Checked all ground bars, everything tight, no corrosion.

Checked connections on starter

Checked kill switch - removed side panel and verified that kill switch was making when installed.

I would like to check the switch. Anyone know how to troubleshoot it? It appears to have 5 wires connected to it.

Hopeful my dealer will be able to send out a tech soon.

Thanks
                            Chuck
                            You should be able to use a test light or a voltmeter to see if there is power coming from the key switch. I know I had a broken lug on the main battery switch, and a loose wire on the voltage sensing relay.

Comment

I had a similar issue last year on my X26 and turned out they had to replace the whole circuit panel.

Had lots of electrical issues that led up to this (lights didn’t work all the time, blower went out, tabs would stop working, ballast tanks wouldn’t drain) than nothing. Had to tow boat from dock to launch ramp and manually put on a trailer to go back to dealer.

Was originally told that I didn’t have enough charge, and was a battery issue but after I lost all ability they finally fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X