Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The struggle is real...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The struggle is real...

    Hi All...

    I've been a long time reader, and avid fan of some of the funnier posts. I've been looking at a few boats: Nautique GS22 (demoed on Lake Travis), Malibu 23 LSV (demoed down in conroe), and most recently went and took a look at the new NXT22, have yet to demo it. At first I was all about the Nautique, that is until I saw the lack luster wave that it had. When we demoed the Malibu it was in a small little pond so to speak, and had all the bells and whistles, including additional bags in the back lockers. The wave looked amazing, and I was ready to pull the trigger, yet the wife had cold feet about the price that we got down to. Understandable, she's never made such a huge purchase besides our home, and didn't exactly grow up with all the toys. She also wasn't keen on the fact that the Malibu didn't have that cool feel interior. With all that said, I got her to take a look at the new NXT22 that does have the cool feel interior, and she likes the price point much better. Of course now that we're waiting for word on a demo to happen (when the dealer actually gets a boat to use), she gets a bit of cold feet again. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed all the bells and whistles: Wireless charging, touch screens, rear camera... Am I crazy? Should I just wait and see, and not feel a bit butt hurt that I feel like I'm settling?

    Anyhow, sorry for the ramble, just ready to enjoy the lakes again with family and friends. Does anyone have any time behind the new NXT? I've searched on the site, and I've seen some of the great pictures that have been posted. But so far I haven't seen many videos.
    Best boating lesson's I've learned is from sitting and watching people at the launch ramps - Me

  • #2
    Are you talking about the 2020? Those aren't in showrooms yet I don't think. I have plenty of time behind the '18. If you buy a '19, setup will be the same. I bet you can get a great deal with the facelift coming.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi John, yes the 2020. Boat Town here in Austin had one that was going to a customer that we were able to see.
      Best boating lesson's I've learned is from sitting and watching people at the launch ramps - Me

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AndiATX View Post
        Hi John, yes the 2020. Boat Town here in Austin had one that was going to a customer that we were able to see.
        Yeah I'm no help there but I would be interested to see what the wave looks like too. I believe you will find the Malibu has a better surf wave than the Nautique. In the end, it's all personal preference. You can make any of them surf.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think it will be hard to pass up the LSV. They are a best seller for a reason. If surfing is your game it will use more fuel than the competition and there are some gripes about quality but most owners are very happy. I haven't seen the new NXT 22 but don't see it in the same league as the LSV.

          The GS22 is a nice looking boat but I was disappointed with some of the interior features like the small cockpit speakers. Also being a cross-over I wouldn't expect a great surf wake.

          I've been loyal MC guy but would look at several brands if buying new. The LSV would be high on my list.
          2008 40th Xstar
          2006 ProStar 197 - sold
          1992 Ski Nautique
          1969 Glastron

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by moleson10 View Post
            I think it will be hard to pass up the LSV. They are a best seller for a reason. If surfing is your game it will use more fuel than the competition and there are some gripes about quality but most owners are very happy. I haven't seen the new NXT 22 but don't see it in the same league as the LSV.

            The GS22 is a nice looking boat but I was disappointed with some of the interior features like the small cockpit speakers. Also being a cross-over I wouldn't expect a great surf wake.

            I've been loyal MC guy but would look at several brands if buying new. The LSV would be high on my list.
            It's definitely not in the same league, but I know that MC makes good quality. The GS22 was a bit of a let down, or perhaps I just hyped myself up over the name and the electronics. I'm really trying to be opened minded about the new NXT22, and what it has to offer now. Hoping that good things come to those who wait... We've been "looking" at boats since 2017.
            Best boating lesson's I've learned is from sitting and watching people at the launch ramps - Me

            Comment


            • #7
              What do you have to pay for a LSV with all the bells and whistles? About the same as a xt22?

              Comment


              • #8
                A better comparison for the 23LSV would be a G23 not a GS22. You should look at used X23's. They are better than all of them and wont have massive sticker shock that the 23LSV would have.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by uplandbird View Post
                  A better comparison for the 23LSV would be a G23 not a GS22.
                  Yeah, I don't know about that. The 230 is a better comp to the LSV IMO. The G23 is a flagship and is comparable to the M235. From MC, the X22 or XT22 (if looking for crossover capabilities) would be the best comp.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheLivinIsEasy View Post
                    Yeah, I don't know about that. The 230 is a better comp to the LSV IMO. The G23 is a flagship and is comparable to the M235. From MC, the X22 or XT22 (if looking for crossover capabilities) would be the best comp.
                    Nailed it...I agree. Compare the XT22 or X22 depending on what all you want to do with it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rbuss4 View Post
                      Nailed it...I agree. Compare the XT22 or X22 depending on what all you want to do with it


                      Thanks y’all... we will check those as well.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah, the GS22 and LSV 23 might be more crossover/utility boats - but they are not "value" line boats like the NXT, so it is not going to be a really fair comparison IMO.

                        Not sure what the out the door price would be on a new NXT, but I hear they are going to be decently equipped in the low/mid 90's. A fairer comparison might be an Axis, but Axis MSRP is also on the same trajectory - not really "value" priced when you can spend a little more and get a much nicer boat.

                        I think everyone makes a great boat now - they all have their struggles, but it is really hard to say "stay away from brand XYZ". Not saying that all brands have the same level of quality and finish, but hopefully you can determine that and you can decide whether or not you want to pay extra for that quality and finish.

                        It sounds like price might be a sticking point, so a lot of it boils down to how anxious the dealer is to make a deal. I know there is no way I could touch a GS22 for even close to the same price as an NXT just based on how eager my local dealers are.

                        an XT23 or XT22 would be a about the same price for me locally (just a guess) - that would be a more even comparison and I know from a wave perspective I would much prefer the XT22/23 over a GS22.
                        The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
                          Yeah, the GS22 and LSV 23 might be more crossover/utility boats - but they are not "value" line boats like the NXT, so it is not going to be a really fair comparison IMO.

                          Not sure what the out the door price would be on a new NXT, but I hear they are going to be decently equipped in the low/mid 90's. A fairer comparison might be an Axis, but Axis MSRP is also on the same trajectory - not really "value" priced when you can spend a little more and get a much nicer boat.

                          I think everyone makes a great boat now - they all have their struggles, but it is really hard to say "stay away from brand XYZ". Not saying that all brands have the same level of quality and finish, but hopefully you can determine that and you can decide whether or not you want to pay extra for that quality and finish.

                          It sounds like price might be a sticking point, so a lot of it boils down to how anxious the dealer is to make a deal. I know there is no way I could touch a GS22 for even close to the same price as an NXT just based on how eager my local dealers are.

                          an XT23 or XT22 would be a about the same price for me locally (just a guess) - that would be a more even comparison and I know from a wave perspective I would much prefer the XT22/23 over a GS22.
                          The price point is where the wife wants it on the NXT. I'm hoping with the upgrades that they've made that it will give us something decent to work with.

                          Quick question: I've been on the Mastercraft page trying to design the NTX22, and for some reason you cannot go any further than the platform. It tells you to select the interior which I've done - selected cool feel, etc, and once I get to Options it only gives Platform. Once that's all selected it tells me I need to select the tower, before I can progress... Well, that option isn't there for selection.
                          Best boating lesson's I've learned is from sitting and watching people at the launch ramps - Me

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It would be nice to have the struggle to be able to compare these two models.... Ha. If you are worried about price, you can certainly find used boat for much cheaper with just as great of features I would imagine. I don't even know all the new features that come with boat because I haven't really even looked past mid 2000s.

                            Good luck with the search.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jharmon203 View Post
                              It would be nice to have the struggle to be able to compare these two models.... Ha. If you are worried about price, you can certainly find used boat for much cheaper with just as great of features I would imagine. I don't even know all the new features that come with boat because I haven't really even looked past mid 2000s.

                              Good luck with the search.
                              Well, it's taken us since 2017 to get even this far. I thought about a "new to me" boat. However being that this will be our first boat, I don't want to have to stress about fixing issues that are out of warranty. Granted, that would happen at some point with any boat, but I don't want that right out of the gate.
                              Best boating lesson's I've learned is from sitting and watching people at the launch ramps - Me

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X