No announcement yet.

2000 X-Star Cranks but thats it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply. I’ve used the paper clip before to read codes so I’m familiar with the connection but this time the check engine light does not flash 12 like it’s supposed to actually flashes nothing.
    2002 X-Star
    1993 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by ddummitt View Post
      Thanks for the reply. I’ve used the paper clip before to read codes so I’m familiar with the connection but this time the check engine light does not flash 12 like it’s supposed to actually flashes nothing.
      Disconnect the plug where the engine harness connects to the boat's harness and measure continuity between the brown/white wire at the light and the boat side of the plug- if none of the pins connect to the light, look for a break in the wire. Do the same between the DLC on the engine and the engine side of the harness- there was a problem at one point where the plug on the engine harness was mis-wired, but that was before 2000. Assuming the wire from the plug to the light is intact but the wire from the DLC to its plug aren't, you can make a splice between the brown/white wire on the engine side to the boat side, bypassing the plug. Use a weatherproof connector that can be disconnected as needed. In the meantime, you can use a test light on the E and F terminals to see the flashes.

Is it possible that the battery died and someone tried to jump start it? If so, did they reverse the jumpers on one battery and turn the key to ON? If so, it should have blown some fuses but it would also be very likely that the ECM is damaged. If this isn't the case, look for blown fuses, dirty grounds/battery terminals or corrosion on connections that aren't sealed.

Comment

Working...
      X