Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NXT20 Ballast Issue

Hey everybody,

So I bought an '18 NXT20 at the end of 2017. Last summer it had an issue filling the ballast bag on the right side, the hard tank was filling though. Took it in to Mastercraft and they were able to fix the issue, which I am told was the the check valve leading from the hard tank to the bags (which they replaced). This summer i have had it out multiple times without a problem filling. Then this last weekend we were out and it has started happening again. The other tanks and bags have no problem filling. Just the factory bag on the right side.Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Right side meaning starboard? Drivers side? I had the same issue last year on my '18....took it in and they replaced my ballast pump. Then a couple months later happened again on but then filled later that day. Haven't had issues since or this year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes... have had this issue a couple of time now. Once replaced a switch, then replaced a pump, but it still happened again this weekend. Same side as your issue on a NXT22.

Comment

I had the problem.
        We figured that this was the problem.

After you empty all the tanks and bags there is still water left in the factory bags. They eventually drain in the main tanks. Before we start filling the tanks again, we make sure they are empty first. Then we start to fill the main tanks.
        Haven’t had a problem sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sometimes on the front tank, it seems to get an air lock and needs to be primed. I pop the deck cap, close the valve, twist off the pump, open the valve to let some water in, twist the pump back on, open the valve back up, and it pumps fine. I rarely had trouble with the rears, but it seems like run them to empty, then start over. Try my priming technique on the rears if it happens again. I think since it happens so infrequently, it’s more related to this than it is to something mechanical.

Comment

Originally posted by culver View Post
            I had the problem.
            We figured that this was the problem.

After you empty all the tanks and bags there is still water left in the factory bags. They eventually drain in the main tanks. Before we start filling the tanks again, we make sure they are empty first. Then we start to fill the main tanks.
            Haven’t had a problem sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first time this happened (back in 2018) they replaced a pump and a valve. They said the flap in the valve may have been sticking. Then it happened again last August but they were unable to replicate the problem so I am thinking it is like what you said. I have not had the problem at all this season but I have also been making sure the bags are completely empty after each use (waiting for them to stop pumping. Shut them off. Them turn them on again to get the last bit out.)

Comment

Working...
            X