Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need size of STOCK tanks for 2016 GenII-x30 for surf config?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    Yes, the X30 lockers allow 1100 lb. sacks and the X10 permit 820 lb. bags. IIRC, the XT23 lockers are smaller as their subfloor ballast is greater than the prior generation X30”s.

X30 locker dimension thread: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/showthread.php?t=79564

X30 Surf Vid thread: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/showthread.php?t=86489

We distribute lead 100 lbs bow, 150 lbs under observer seat, 100 surf corner, 50 opposite corner. If running full crew may take out some or all of the lead and bump up speed further. Rule of thumb is to get swim platform just touching surf wave corner and add or delete upfront and add speed to adjust to this.

Wakemakers gurus will tell you to slam stern to get best wave size, slam the surf corner to the rub rail for shape, and add ballast amidships and fore to lengthen wave. Human ballast is free to test this theory.

IME, none of the Gen2 boats will benefit from less weight or a suckgate. If anything, the arms race of larger/wider/taller boats will require increasingly more ballast to create great surf waves. Our X10 kicks it as it needs less ballast to displace the hull for a great surf wave.

I would love to upgrade my stock bags, wonder if they are worth anything to anyone out there?
    2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
    Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

I’m no pro, but I find my boat surfs very well with stock Gen2 settings and only my wife in the boat. I’m sure it can be better but I have noticed if we put a bunch of ppl in the boat and they are all in the back, the wave turns to crap. You definitely have to send some ppl to the front.
      There may be better ways to relax than being on a boat...I just haven't found one yet!

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
        I’ll just go ahead and say it - you’re doing it wrong if you need to use less ballast or a wake shaper with a Gen2 X30.
        While I would tend to agree with you that all the tanks should be filled, adding the wave shaper could help. I don't know anyone that tried it, so I am reserving judgment until we see pics. That's not to say the wave on my X30 w/Gen2 isn't already awesome, but maybe it can get even better.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsaustin View Post
          While I would tend to agree with you that all the tanks should be filled, adding the wave shaper could help. I don't know anyone that tried it, so I am reserving judgment until we see pics. That's not to say the wave on my X30 w/Gen2 isn't already awesome, but maybe it can get even better.
          I have wondered about it myself and really just need to try it. I have one just never remember to throw it in the boat when we take off.

I understand that with gen 2 you "shouldn't" have to, but if it helps? If it helps I guess one could say that the setting are wrong which could be caused by the actuators not deploying to the correct spots.
          2017 XT23

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
            I have wondered about it myself and really just need to try it. I have one just never remember to throw it in the boat when we take off.

I understand that with gen 2 you "shouldn't" have to, but if it helps? If it helps I guess one could say that the setting are wrong which could be caused by the actuators not deploying to the correct spots.
            Nautique (NSS), Malibu (surf gate), and MasterCraft (trim tabs} all have their own systems likely due to patents. It may be that a combination of a surf gate (aka washer shaper) and trim tabs could produce a better wave. Adding a wake shaper is simple to try, low cost, and easy to switch from side to side if the results are better.

We need pics!

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post

Lashburn tried it on his x20. It didn't help. He did a thread on it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
                Lashburn tried it on his x20. It didn't help. He did a thread on it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                I don't doubt it but what the hec I have one from my old xstar I am gona try it anyway.
                2017 XT23

Comment

Ok, going out this afternoon around 5:00.

I have always felt that the mastercraft boats should not need additional surf products/enhancements. Don’t get me wrong not saying my wave sucks. Just getting input. I will say I have recently surged behind a new moomba and malibu - moomba was no good. Malibu did have bigger wave but all in all the mastercraft was better hands down.

I will say that we had a wake shaper and put it on the boat and it was a dramatic difference in our surf way. Much longer much taller. I’ve ordered the new one which just came in today and it is about 18“ x 18“. It is huge. I’m expecting great things.

I’m just want to get to the zone 3 and 4 area. I’m wanting to be in excess of 10 ft behind boat.

May have to look at the larger bags. When our bags are full - there maybe 6 inches of room left on the top of the opening. Are you saying the 1100 lbs bags take up that small bit of room? Seems like that would not make too much difference. I can’t believe that would be 490 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Will.I.am View Post

I have always felt that the mastercraft boats should not need additional surf products/enhancements. Don’t get me wrong not saying my wave sucks. Just getting input. I will say I have recently surged behind a new moomba and malibu - moomba was no good. Malibu did have bigger wave but all in all the mastercraft was better hands down.

I will say that we had a wake shaper and put it on the boat and it was a dramatic difference in our surf way. Much longer much taller. I’ve ordered the new one which just came in today and it is about 18“ x 18“. It is huge. I’m expecting great things.

I’m just want to get to the zone 3 and 4 area. I’m wanting to be in excess of 10 ft behind boat.

May have to look at the larger bags. When our bags are full - there maybe 6 inches of room left on the top of the opening. Are you saying the 1100 lbs bags take up that small bit of room? Seems like that would not make too much difference. I can’t believe that would be 490 lbs.
                    Will.i.am something is not right with your boat. Either the bags/tanks aren’t completely filling or your actuators are bad. With that said I’ve added weight to all my MCs. I feel like they ballast them just enough in stock form to get a surfable wave. The next 500-1000lbs makes them come alive!

The x30s and x10s like all the ballast full plus some. You don’t need to list them as much as the v shaped hulls like the x23. Again I bet there Is something wrong with your actuators.

Comment

I have no problem getting 10ft behind my X30 with just a driver and stock set up.
                      There may be better ways to relax than being on a boat...I just haven't found one yet!

Comment

Ok, going out this afternoon around 5:00.....
                        Any update?

Comment

18”x18” inch wake shaper?! That’s insane haha what brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump.... Any update

Comment

Ok,

Well some good and bad news. Bad news - it was extremely windy when we went out last weekend. I don't think we got a fair shake on our results.

We did try many configurations with the tanks. Again - have a 2016 x30 gen 2 setup. No modifications - all stock. We are mostly goofy footed.

Bottom line is - all bags filled and outside tab down 100% threw the best wave. No doubt.

It was interesting - when I put on the new wake shaper - there was little to no change in the wave - which is somewhat disappointing!!

Secondly - we did not ski behind each wave - I know that can be quite different from the looks.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Some of the things we tried:

All tanks empty except one rear - did starboard side 100% and port tab 100%. Again - threw a smooth wave, smaller wave and the boat really was leaning over to that side (almost uncomfortably - remember - really windy).

Everything at 50% - even tab - wave was about 50% of size.

With wake shape - did not appear to be a noticeable difference. This is the new wake shaper - wake surf edge - mega. As much as I was expecting it to make a huge difference - visually - it didn't do much.

I know we had a much smaller wake shaper - it seemed to do wonders for our wave. Since we lost that one to the bottom of the lake....Thought this mega one would be the ticket for the mega wave.

Again, we throw a good wave for zone 1 and 2. Just trying to get to zone 3 and 4.

Going out this weekend again - anyone going to be on Eagle Mountain Lake let me know!! I'll let you try the wake shaper.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X