• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scent of a mule
    TT Regular
    • May 2014

Did You Add Fuel? Prompt

On the 2019 models (we have an XStar) with the most recent software update we are having issues with the gas gauge. Is there a way to disable the prompt asking if I added fuel? If I enter the amount it sets the gauge accordingly to what I entered. I would think that it would take what we added into account with what the fuel sensor is reading and give a more accurate reading. However, either my sensor is not working or the latest update disables the fuel level sensor.

Between many of us in our family filling the boat on a regular basis there are times when the gallon amount is not entered or it is not entered accurately. For example, a few weeks ago, the gauge said there was 20% left in the tank. We began filling up and at gallon 12 gas spewed out and it was full.

Is there a way to turn the prompt off? I do not find it useful and is also annoying to have to answer that question every time we turn the boat on.
  • eecyclone
    MC Devotee
    • Oct 2014

Turn off fuel management in the settings then the boat will use the fuel level sensor. The level sensor should be calibrated such that 0% on the gauge is about 1/4 or 1/3 tank remaining so you don’t overheat the fuel pump.

With fuel management turned on it will try to calculate the amount of gas remaining instead of using the sensor. 0% remaining on the gauge with fuel management is more like 50% gas left in the tank. You can also hit “full” or something like that when you fill it full, rather than typing in the number of gallons added
    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
    www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Working...
    X