New member, new boat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new boat!

Just picked up a 2003 x10. First time boat owner. So much to learn! Google keeps bringing me here so I figured I'd register.

Over the winter I'll be putting a new stereo in, and some minor tweaks / fixes / upgrades. Need to change out the factory racks which don't work.

I got to take it out once (besides test-drive) before winterizing. It pulls pretty good to the right at speed. Local boat store tells me the rudder looks to be a little bent and that may be causing it. Later, I ran into THIS thread (lol!) and well, now I don't know. I'll have to wait until next season to really pay attention to how bad its pulling and go from there.

Also, I was wondering if this is actually an x10, or a maristar. It was advertised and sold by the prior owner as an x10, but the plate inside the boat says maristar 210. It does have tanks, the tower, perfect pass, all that stuff. Was all that stuff added to make it an x10?

Lastly, since we all love pictures, here it is!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OleBlue; 10-10-2019, 03:16 PM.

Congrats and welcome! It's super clean and great looking!

Comment

Never made that hull as a prostar. It would either be a maristar 210 or an X10
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Welcome. Definitely an X10. Those collapsible board holders were designed on a bar napkin at midnight. There used to be a guy on here that had some spares. I've seen lots of broken ones over the years.

Maristar 210 and x-10 are the same boat less the tower and ballast on the X-10. Same is Maristar 230 and X-30.

This is my 2004 Maristar 210 with a 2005 tower.
        Attached Files

Comment

Prostar x210 ??
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Ah, I meant to say Maristar not prostar! Oops.

Comment

That picture is my son, many moons ago with no ballast. Great all around boat!

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                Never made that hull as a prostar. It would either be a maristar 210 or an X10
                Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                That picture is my son, many moons ago with no ballast. Great all around boat!
                You have yourself a good looking boat too! I (and my kids) cannot wait to start the next season. Sucks buying it just before winter and not being able to really get it out, but I got a killer deal on it.

Comment

Welcome, I think you need a taller garage....

Comment

Originally posted by mmskiboat View Post
                    Welcome, I think you need a taller garage....
                    Right! I think it will fit snug in there with the tower down (I haven't tried yet).

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Comment

congratulations and welcome aboard!!!

Comment

Welcome. While you're tinkering this winter. Change your fuel filter, check that your ballast pumps are mounted with the brass head below the electric motor. Change the raw water impeller. Be sure to sit in there and enjoy a beer or two just to mark your territory. Congrats on your new rig!
                          Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
                            Welcome. While you're tinkering this winter. Change your fuel filter, check that your ballast pumps are mounted with the brass head below the electric motor. Change the raw water impeller. Be sure to sit in there and enjoy a beer or two just to mark your territory. Congrats on your new rig!
                            This^^^^^^

Comment

Congratulations and welcome.
                              1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                              2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Working...
                              X