Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compare the X22, X24, XSTAR, G23. Which is the best boat to buy for a surfing family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmbeck View Post
    There's a large group of people who feel the same about denali and platinum trim trucks. It's all a matter of anything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    Except a limited cost 20k more than a lariat. Not 100. Lol
    -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
    https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it helps understand some of the differences. Not sure either why they removed some ballast as everyone else gets more. One question on the operation of the stereo - Does Mastercraft use a speed compensated volume control? really enjoy this feature of our outgoing boat and can’t seem to find this description.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHiGuy View Post
        Thanks for the feedback everyone, it helps understand some of the differences. Not sure either why they removed some ballast as everyone else gets more. One question on the operation of the stereo - Does Mastercraft use a speed compensated volume control? really enjoy this feature of our outgoing boat and can’t seem to find this description.

Thank you!
        I like the speed control volume, I like it to turn down when we turn to go get a rider. I also like the hard mute button for quick access.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHiGuy View Post

Thank you!
          Yes, MC does use a speed control volume. There are 5 different settings/levels to adjust how aggressive it is, and basically it mutes the stereo below 5mph. It is not nearly as nice as the Nautique system, which just seems way more seemless, like you don't even notice it.

MC's 5mph cutoff is a little harsh in my opinion. When going to pick up a downed rider you bounce above and below 5 mph all the time, so you have the stereo coming on and off. What I do like is that they have physical volume and mute buttons on the dash, in addition to the touchscreen, so access to mute the stereo is super easy.
          The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Mastercraft is better IMO. G23 is a very nice boat new but my buddy’s 2015 looks like sh*t. The interior didn’t wear well at all, yet the 2013 Xstar I sold years back with 700 hours still looks pristine today (I’m in touch with the buyer).

The wakeboard wave on the G23 is the absolute best I’ve ever ridden by far. It has a table top shape to its wake that makes it easier for a medium skill rider (like me) to get (and land) big air. The problem is nobody (sadly including me) wants to wakeboard much anymore.

I believe there is a trade off between optimal wakeboard and surf wave and in my experience Mastercraft is leaning towards surf lately... especially in the X24 we got.

Good luck in your search!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X