20hr service decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20hr service decisions

When we bought the boat the dealer included the first 2 years service, although it’s limited to the first 100 hours. We will be dropping it off at the dealer in the next few weeks and I can have them complete the 20hr service or complete the annual service required so that it’s good for next season. I could also have them complete the 20hr and then complete the rest of the annual items myself but I’m not sure if it’s needed. For info, the boat is a early model 19 XT w/ 5000mdi so it’s over a year old already. Just curious what everyone else would do?

I'd drop it off to my dealer and tell them to do "whatever they think is good". Which is what I did yesterday. But I have complete confidence in my dealer (Bill @ NEFWM here in MA), so you need to assess your dealer's advice.
    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Maybe do the 20 hour yourself, which is largely oil change and check all linkages since you’ll be dropping her soon for the 100 hr for seasons end?

Some might just wait until seasons end depending upon when that is for your crew, but with break in nice to get any new engine metal shavings outta the block.

Comment

Don’t they check shaft alignment at 20hrs? I’ll probably have them do it.
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

If 2 years of service was included with your purchase, why not have the dealer do the required items?
          '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
          (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
          '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
          www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

I guess I was a little confusing. I can ask them to do the 20hr or a annual 100hr service which I only get one that they pay for. My season is mostly over, so that why I was asking do 20hr and then the additional items myself saving the 100hr for next year or just forget about that and get the 100hr done. Sounds like I’m overthinking myself writing this out again.

Comment

Which costs more and how much overlap is there between the two services? I would start there and make an informed decision on what they tell you. My dealer did the 20 hour (although they called it the 25 hr) service gratis.....but I never got two years of service included with mine. If you still can't decide and trust your dealer's service, I would go with John's advice and have them tell you what you need to get the lowest bill possible.

Comment

25 hour removes break in oil, changes filter. Much more basic service than the extensive workup done at 100 hrs. 25hr should cost somewhere around $250, and the 100hr more like $800-$1000 according to dealers around here.

Comment

Originally posted by LostDriver669 View Post
                  When we bought the boat the dealer included the first 2 years service, although it’s limited to the first 100 hours. We will be dropping it off at the dealer in the next few weeks and I can have them complete the 20hr service or complete the annual service required so that it’s good for next season. I could also have them complete the 20hr and then complete the rest of the annual items myself but I’m not sure if it’s needed. For info, the boat is a early model 19 XT w/ 5000mdi so it’s over a year old already. Just curious what everyone else would do?
                  The 20, 50 and 100 hour service intervals include checking the alignment and other items because A) it's a new-ish boat, it's not made of steel and B) it's their warranty, so these need to be done. The results are supposed to be reported to MC, so they have a paper trail in the event that something goes wrong.

Comment

100 hour service is more expensive than the 20, so have them do the 100 hour service when its due
                    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                    www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Can you have dealer do the 20 hour and just pay for that one yourself, and save the free one for the 100?

Comment

Working...
                      X