X Series Rear Facing Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Series Rear Facing Lights

I have a 2019 X-Star. My kids do a lot of surfing at sun set on a private lake. Wanted to add some rear facing lights. Anyone install lights on the tower and wire in order to control from touch screen?

Another option is to have dealer install the factory rear facing transom lights but not sure how bright these are. Anyone have these on their boat?

In my experience with dusk til dawn surfing, which is not a whole lot as it's completely illegal where I live, powerful underwater lights do a whole lot more as they light the wave instead of blinding the rider...
    Also think about having a pack of those stick lights that you can connect to a ring in the glovebox. One of those around the neck of the rider is a great idea when it gets darker.
    If You Find Too Many Capitals You Can Keep Them...I'm German

It's always 5pm somewhere, time for a beer!

Comment

your 19 XStar didn't come with transom rubrail lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
        In my experience with dusk til dawn surfing, which is not a whole lot as it's completely illegal where I live, powerful underwater lights do a whole lot more as they light the wave instead of blinding the rider...
        Also think about having a pack of those stick lights that you can connect to a ring in the glovebox. One of those around the neck of the rider is a great idea when it gets darker.
        I second this lights on the tower are only going to blind your riders. underwater transom lights is your solution here.
        2010 X-15
        SOLD 1994 205
        2011 Pathfinder
        2016 Ford Flex
        3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
        1 kid in college

Comment

I have underwater lights and it does great for illuminating the wake. On the other hand I did add the factory rub rail lights to my bow. They were only $90 a piece and pretty easy to install. Just had to run wires...was a little scary cutting through the rub rail but was no biggie. They are pretty directional so I'd assume they wouldn't blind the surfer considering the angle of the boat with full tanks, tabs down and going 10mph.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snork View Post
            your 19 XStar didn't come with transom rubrail lights?
            Did yours?
            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
              Did yours?
              Mine did.

They light the rider up well but can also blind them. Our lake is too green for the underwater lights to be super effective.

Comment

Not rear facing picture however same light for transom mounted on bow.

Comment

Got a 2018 X-star with rear facing lights. They help but are not very bright for surfing. I attached a super bright led bicycle light to each board rack. These are spot lights and fully adjustable so you just light up the wake and not the rider. Super easy and you charge them with the USB plugs of the boat. Buy the ones with cree led that are the brightest. A tower light bar just blinds the rider and also looks cheap on a X-star. I bought these: bhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H4BJ68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I also have the small, single LED pod lights mounted to the tower that I can direct where I want, I point each at the water on the sides of the swim platform, this nicely lights up the surf wave without blinding the surfer at all. Most underwater lights I have seen look very cool but without any other lighting at the top of the wave you cannot really see anything and it makes anything beyond basic surfing difficult.
                    I also have a blue LED light mounted just under the rubrail above the swim platform which adds some soft lighting

Comment

Working...
                    X