Doomswell Neo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomswell Neo

Anyone have any experience with the Neo? Found a good deal and wondering if its worth a shot. I have some insurance money to replace some hail damaged boards....
    Last edited by Tookeymonster; 12-15-2019, 01:56 PM.

I haven’t been a super fan of the board. I’m not going to go too much into how it rides or anything as I feel I’m the issue there. That being said, the board itself left some to be desired being a normally $600 board. The nose is super thin and quite easy to squish due. It is also easily damaged when compared to the rest of the board if it hits the swim platform or someone dings it into something. The fin boxes also seemed to be squished into the board as I had to sand down the fins that came with it in order to get them to fit. There were quite a few areas that the color wasn’t applied well so the white fiberglass was showing through the top coat. I got a really good deal on the board and picked it up due to the reviews, but I haven’t personally been a big fan of it.

Comment

I have one and probably enjoy a skim style board more.

Comment

I like the Neo a lot as a surf style board. Had mine for 3 years now and put a lot of hours on it. If you found a good deal I would jump on it before someone else does.

Comment

I really like my NEO. I've had it for 3+ years with no issues. Definitely more of a surf style board. It took several outings to get used to it but now I can recover from farther back than other boards. Although that might just be from riding it more than any other boards.

Comment

I had a NEO for one season, its a fun board but I prefer my phase five.

Comment

Originally posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
              I had a NEO for one season, its a fun board but I prefer my phase five.
              What P5 do you have?

Comment

Love the Neo for a surf style board that rides high and is super recoverable. Tons of fun in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
                  What P5 do you have?
                  I have the Phantom and Wire for my son and the Doctor and Trident for me (big boy). Just got the Leo and Ratchet also.

Comment

The Neo is a good all around surf style board in my opinion. It had a tendency to be heel weight sensitive in older models.

Comment

I have the Phantom and Wire for my son and the Doctor and Trident for me (big boy). Just got the Leo and Ratchet also.
                      I'm looking at the Trendent. Im 6'2" and 240 lbs...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
                        I'm looking at the Trendent. Im 6'2" and 240 lbs...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                        I am 6’2 / 250. Trident is the best skim for big boys but if you want surf try the Doctor.

Comment

I am 6’2 / 250. Trident is the best skim for big boys but if you want surf try the Doctor.
                          I 2nd the Phase 5 Trident, great board that is fun to ride with just the center fin. Love my Hammerhead also but the trident is the most forgiving for surfing way back.
                          XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
                          SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
                          SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
                          SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

Curious what you guys are running for fins on the Neo? I’ve been thinking about upgrading, but the blackstix most recommend don’t come as a quad setup.

Comment

Try the Chaos fins. Made the board quite a bit faster and more responsive over the stock fins.

Comment

Working...
                              X